close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Support Files for HTML Editor

Thread began 10/24/2009 7:46 am by neilo | Last modified 3/05/2010 2:04 pm by Neil Beadle | 4959 views | 11 replies |

neilo

Support Files for HTML Editor

Are there any plans to provide support files, GSG, recipes etc. for HTML Editor?

Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

neilo

I guess what I'm asking is, - is there any material additional to the original iRite support files that one should be aware of?

This is just a general enquiry - I don't have a specific problem that needs addressing. Perhaps the iRite support files should be included in the HTML Editor Downloads folder - even if they are branded iRite rather than HTML Editor for the time being.

It's just that muggins here deleted all the iRite support files along with the extension when the HTML Editor was released, and being a tad anal about my software, I like to have a copy of all the support files in the same folder on my local machine as I keep my extension.

A note in the downloads folder advising me to just use the iRite support files would have been fine!

Anyway, no biggie.

Ta.

John LangerBeta Tester

neilo,

The iRite support pdf's can be found here under "Archived documentation".

Also the help files from within HTML Editor are updated for the new product.

neilo

Thanks John, yes I saw the archive files.

As I say, - I am fine with HTML Editor/iRite - I have used it quite a few times on projects, I am simply curious about the way that the support has been set up for HTML Editor.

I think things would be clearer if the HTML Editor Getting Started Guide were actually placed in the Downloads folder for HTML Editor, rather than expecting people to look for it - should they want it - in the iRite downloads folder. It's just that once you go to the iRite downloads folder there are some instructions that are inappropriate for HTML Editor, which one might be tempted to download. It's best (I would have thought) to keep the HTMLE files in the HTMLE download folder, - and if necessary - add a note to the effect that any further help can be found in the help files from within the editor.

I am a bit of a pedant in these matters, I'm afraid.

Jimmy Wu

There is no additional documentation other than what is on the support page. Thanks for pointing out to us that this documentation is not linked in the download center. I have contacted the site administrator and this should be fixed soon.

neilo

Thanks Jimmy.

Andrew Read

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  There is no additional documentation other than what is on the support page. Thanks for pointing out to us that this documentation is not linked in the download center. I have contacted the site administrator and this should be fixed soon.  

This post is MONTHS old, and there is still no documentation within the HTML Editor download section... when will the GSG link be placed in there?????

Andrew Read

Found it myself!

Well, after rooting around myself, I figured that I would post the link for others, as WebAssist doesn't seem that interested in posting it.. here's the link:

html-editor/

neilo

Thanks Andrew.

All documentation can also now be found by clicking the 'Product Documentation' link at the top-right of any forum page, and selecting the product from the drop-down list in that page.

Andrew Read

Consistency!

There is a GSG in the download section of every product that I own, except this one. Why would it not be available from the same place as all of the others?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...