close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Recommended upgrade procedure

Thread began 10/22/2009 9:55 am by jbeckman307551 | Last modified 10/30/2009 5:06 pm by neo314 | 4385 views | 12 replies |

jbeckman307551

Recommended upgrade procedure

What's the best/easiest way to upgrade pages already using iRite v1? Do I need to delete iRite and add in HTML Editor, or is there some other way to update the pages?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jimmy Wu

The easiest way would be to click on the iRite instance and click on the edit button in the properties inspector. HTML Editor will convert the instance to an HTML editor instance automatically. Make sure you delete your WA_iRite folder afterward, since you will no longer need this folder.

Another way you could do this is to just delete the iRite instance and WA_iRite folder and add an HTML Editor instance in.

Also, make sure you uninstall iRite before installing the HTML Editor.

jbeckman307551

Thanks! Seems easy enough.

neo314

If I have 50 pages that use iRite, can I update 1 using this procedure, keep the WA-iRite folder and have the existing pages continue to work?

neo314

Another question. I am doing some testing by installing HTML editor under a different user on the same computer for testing. That user did not have iRite installed, but to install on my working user, I have to remove iRite, so how can I

Originally Said By: Jimmy Wu
  ...click on the iRite instance and click on the edit button in the properties inspector...  

Won't it fail to recognize the iRite instance once the extension is removed. HTML editor did not recognize an iRite instance under my testing user.

Jimmy Wu

Originally Said By: neo314
  If I have 50 pages that use iRite, can I update 1 using this procedure, keep the WA-iRite folder and have the existing pages continue to work?  

Yes, if you keep the WA_iRite folder, the existing iRite instances should still work.

Originally Said By: neo314
  Another question. I am doing some testing by installing HTML editor under a different user on the same computer for testing. That user did not have iRite installed, but to install on my working user, I have to remove iRite, so how can I

Won't it fail to recognize the iRite instance once the extension is removed. HTML editor did not recognize an iRite instance under my testing user.  

The iRite instance should be recognized by HTML Editor. Did you have iRite installed before installing HTML Editor on this other user? Also, what operating system and Dreamweaver version are you running?

neo314

The iRite instance should be recognized by HTML Editor. Did you have iRite installed before installing HTML Editor on this other user? Also, what operating system and Dreamweaver version are you running?  

Vista Home Premium x64 and DW CS3. No iRite was not installed under that user, but the website space is available to both users and iRite was used on the test page. I understand that I must remove iRite before installing HTML Editor, correct? The iRite instance was not recognized on the test user, but shouldn't it be the same as my primary user if i have to remove iRite?

Thanx for your time.

Jimmy Wu

From our testing, HTML editor should be able to recognize iRite instances. Could you send me the test page that you are working with?

neo314

From our testing, HTML editor should be able to recognize iRite instances. Could you send me the test page that you are working with?  

I really can't, but I don't know that you need to worry about it. This was all done on my local test server. I have customized iRite and now HTMLEditor adding plugins to the source code for my implementation.

I finished testing, removed the iRite extension from my primary user and installed HTMLEditor. It recognized the iRite instance on the same page the other profile failed to recognize.

All I can tell you is that the user where the instance was not recognized had not had iRite installed previously.

Jimmy Wu

I'm glad it worked out for you. Thanks for the update. If you have any additional issues, feel free to make a new forum thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...