close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Recordset Variables gone on install of DA

Thread began 10/14/2009 8:13 pm by kdavid379212 | Last modified 10/16/2009 12:10 pm by Eric Mittman | 1520 views | 4 replies |

kdavid379212

Recordset Variables gone on install of DA

Hello,

I have an interesting issue. Let me start by saying I purchased & am extremely excited about the Extension package since I've been happily using your products for a while.

I do have one strange and possibly serious issue upon installation, however. I closed ALL Adobe products and simulatiously installed DataAssist, Universal Email and Dynamic Form Elements through the Adobe Extension Manager (CS3). On each installation, I was given a warning that an old file (the same file each time) would be overwritten. Naturally I clicked to overwrite the old file. Whether or not that has contributed to this issue I have no idea, but now all my recordsets in any site fail to show the WHERE variables.

In more specific terms, previous recordsets in Dreamweaver CS3 would say something like SELECT * WHERE Site = colname. If you looked at the colname variable it would have a classic PHP value like $_GET['site']. Now the recordset on any previous file shows the variable missing. In other words, I still get the "SELECT * WHERE Site = colname" and the colname values are all there including the default "-1", but the "$_GET['site']" is absent.

So here's the troubleshooting steps to help you out:

1: Everything was working perfectly until I intalled the 3 products mentioned above.

2: I rebooted my computer and it did not help.

3: This is specific to THIS Dreamweaver / WebAssist installation for the following reasons:

a: Uploading files via F12 from Dreamweaver work fine on an actual production site in some cases for reasons unkown at this time, but work in other instances.

b: Viewing files in NotePlus++ show that the variables are actually there. It's as if the new Web Assist files are somehow set to read-only or some other restricting permission.

c: Opening the files on another computer in Dreamweaver CS3 that doesn't have Web Assist shows the recordset fine.

Hopefully these steps will provide you with an idea of what is going on. If you wish, I can install another Web Assist application and give you the exact file I mentioned above. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,
K

Sign in to reply to this post

kakadong

it seems I have the same problem like you....

Let's wait and see how they solve this ..

Eric Mittman

Would it be possible to post back and include some jpg screen shots of what you are seeing in your recordsets after you install the extensions, if you could include a second screen shot of the correct view of this from the other computer that would be most helpful.

Also, what is the version of DataAssist that you currently have installed and when you mention the Dynamic Form Elements did you mean CSS Form Builder or Dynamic Dropdowns? Please let us know what versions of these others you have installed also.

kdavid379212

Hello,

Thanks for the quick reply. I've included 4 images that should give you an idea of what I'm talking about. As far as the versions, I really am not sure how to tell other than they are likely the very latest ones unless a change has been made in the past 24 hours. The reason I'm saying that is because I only purchased the annual subscription yesterday morning and downloaded the versions roughtly this time (5PM CDT Octover 14, 2009) yesterday.

I am a little less "freaked out" as I now know that this is an annoyance rather than something that truly screwed up my files. In other words, the problem is local to the Dreamweaver installation as can be seen in the images. Uploading files to a web server works normally as the recordset variables are still there. They just cannot be seen by the Dreamweaver installation that had the WA products installed on it. If you open the files in Dreamweaver on another machine they appear normal (ie they lack the ! next to the recordset).

As mentioned before, this leads me to think that whatever file(s) or settings were changed or overwritten during the install of the WA program(s) has somehow disabled Dreamweaver from seeing recordset variables that are actually there.

I should also point out that seems entirely limited to the variables used to narrow queries in the WHERE clause of the recordset and does not discriminate based on $_SESSION, $_GET, $_POST, etc. Any variables that I have hand-coded in the PHP and / or not in recordsets show up fine in the Dreamweaver code view. Strange.

Anyhow, hopefully that gives you a better understanding of what is happening, please feel free to ask for more information,

Sincerely,
Kent

Eric Mittman

I have gone ahead and opened up a ticket for you on this issue. The ticket will probably be updated with a request for some more info from you to help us work this out. To check the status of the ticket or update it please login and visit your support history.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...