close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PHP Errors

Thread began 10/06/2009 6:32 pm by pipwax1204510 | Last modified 10/16/2009 7:15 am by Office Guy-172461 | 9268 views | 18 replies |

pipwax1204510

PHP Errors

This is my error. ===========Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/p/i/p/pipwax2/html/test/login.php:14) in /home/content/p/i/p/pipwax2/html/test/login.php on line 48

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/content/p/i/p/pipwax2/html/test/login.php:14) in /home/content/p/i/p/pipwax2/html/test/login.php on line 48============

I am following the web application recipes instructions. However, when I make an attempt to code in the Cookie - object Code Snippet I get this error. Is there an Errata for this book.

isbn 0735713200

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

The error that you are getting indicates that you have a space or something that is being outputted to the page before a session_start call.

Please look at line 14 or 48 and remove any white space that you see between the php tags.

pipwax1390564

PHP Error

Originally Said By: Dani Chankhour
  The error that you are getting indicates that you have a space or something that is being outputted to the page before a session_start call.

Please look at line 14 or 48 and remove any white space that you see between the php tags.  

Thanks! I will try that.

pipwax1390564

Php error

Worked like a charm!

pipwax1390564

More PHP Errors

Can anyone tell me what this error means
=============================Begin error=============================
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ':' in /home/content/p/i/p/pipwax2/html/test/send_password.php on line 46

============================end Error=================================

Dani Chankhour

Could you paste line 46 of send_password.php?

pipwax1390564

More PHP Errors

Here is line 46
======================Code-====================
$from = “From: webmaster@sk8photos.com <webmaster@sk8photos.com>\r\n”;
=====================end Code============================

John LangerBeta Tester

Originally Said By: pipwax1390564
  Here is line 46
======================Code-====================
$from = “From: webmaster@sk8photos.com <webmaster@sk8photos.com>\r\n”;
=====================end Code============================  

Just while you're waiting for a real expert on PHP to get back to you (at PHP coding I'm a novice) the error code is saying that it doesn't like the colon in "From:" Try using the ascii code for a colon instead "&#58;" (without the speech marks).

If I had this situation, that's what I would try. Hope it helps.

pipwax1390564

PHP Errors

I changed the code to this:
$from = &#8220;From':'webmaster@sk8photos.com <webmaster@sk8photos.com>\r\n&#8221;;

Now I am getting this:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING in /home/content/p/i/p/pipwax2/html/test/send_password.php on line 46
Thanks

John LangerBeta Tester

Sorry, the forum substituted the ascii code for the actual colon. Hopefully this will show ok. Replace the colon with & # 5 8 ; I've put a space between each character to stop it showing as a colon. use those 5 characters but without the spaces.

Hope that makes sense.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...