close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error - Google Pro Maps - Please place your cursor with in the <body> tag

Thread began 10/01/2009 7:50 pm by dgwhit288523 | Last modified 10/26/2009 5:35 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2658 views | 6 replies |

dgwhit288523

I am getting a "please place your cursor within the <body> tag before adding a Google Map to your page."

I am using Dreamweaver CS4

I am, without doubt, placing the cursor within the body tags. I have tried it on several sites and I get the same error message.

This has not occurred before.

Would appreciate some help on this!

Thanks,

Whit

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have seen this problem occur before when the page you are trying to add the map to has the head or body tags in uppercase instead of lower case:

<BODY>

Instead of <body>

usually this happens with pages that where not created using Dreamweaver.

try using Dreamweaver to create the page, go to File -> New to create a new file using Dreamweaver. Save this new file to your site before continuing, then try to add a map to it.

I have also seen this happen on occasion when Dreamweaver is in either Split or code View.

Set Dreamweaver to design view, place the cursor in your design where the map should be placed and try adding the map to the page.

dgwhit288523

Hi Jason!

Thanks!

That was exactly what the problem was!

I really appreciate your Help!

Cheers,

Don

jon_upton

I have this too

The cause is different - the page is created with CSS Scupltor 3 and incorporates a menu created using CSS Menu Writer. It also has a hand made 2 field form for newsletter sign up that uses Universal Email to send it as an html email.

When I try to insert the google pro map I get the place cursor between body tags message.

If I remove the universal email I can the insert a google pro map.

It would appear that Google Pro Maps is confused by the head and body tags generated for the html email.

Can you please look at this as a matter of urgency as I need to go live with this site on Tuesday.

Many thanks

Jon

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I am not able to reproduce the issue.

Please send a copy of the page you are having the problem with so I can investigate the issue further.

jon_upton

Page Attached

Jason

Page is attached

If the Universal email is removed then I can insert a map see find_us.asp

The non working page is maptest.asp any attempt to add a map below the H1 results in the please place cursor between body tags message - the tags are lowercase and were generated by sculptor 3.

Your help appreciated

If you want ftp access drop me a mail to jon_upton@thinkanddo.co.uk

Cheers

Jon

PS Its nearly midnight here so if you do want to drop me a mail some time in the next 45 mins would be good
PPS It would be good if we could upload html, asp and php files without having to zip them

Attached Files
maptest.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have recreated the problem using your page.

To work around the problem,

change line 54:

MailBody = MailBody & "<multipartbreak><html><head></head><body>" & vbCrlf & ""

and line 72:

MailBody = MailBody & "</body></html>"

to:
54:

MailBody = MailBody & "" & vbCrlf & ""

72:

MailBody = MailBody & ""

add the map, then change them back.

I have started a support ticket so we can look into a more permanent fix, but this workaround should get you on track.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...