close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Only Errors

Thread began 9/24/2009 2:00 pm by Cologne | Last modified 9/28/2009 8:58 am by Jason Byrnes | 2221 views | 5 replies |

Cologne

Only Errors

Hi,

since I bought CSSFB from the beginning of sale, I didnt even get a form online. I only got ERRORS, the Extension is totally SLOW.

I think there is to much of things to do, change here, rename there, put this there click here. and then make the design, and and and and. its to complex for that bad manual.

So the only andavntage I got from the CSSFB is, that I see that it should all be done in <li> tags. So I do on my own.

Even, how to create a form based on a selection. Like with validation tool kit. If select like that, show that form, if selected diffrent show an other form.

How to insert, german telefonnumbers? and Postcode?

I think I delete and install VTK2 again.

To difficult to use, if you need a real custom registration form. And the code that is produced is very big.

Denis

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

In regards to the errors you are getting have you tried deleting the cache file or renaming the config folder to see if it helps to clear up any of the errors you are getting?

Here are links to posts that discuss the steps needed to do these, please first try the cache file and if that does not resolve the issues try the config folder.

.dat cache file:
showthread.php?t=1589

config
showpost.php?p=12293&postcount=2

Let us know if the errors persist.

Cologne

DeInstall and then ReInstall all extensions? I got more than 15 extension installed. And you know yours go very slow to install/deinstall.

aint there an other way?

office377308

same here

Originally Said By: Cologne
  How to insert, german telefonnumbers? and Postcode?

To difficult to use, if you need a real custom registration form. And the code that is produced is very big.

Denis  

Find it very difficult to adjust. This extension should have a note:
*** For United States Only ***
In General, Web Assist seems not to realize that the world not only consists of American customs and American Language. Have you ever seen British zip codes / phone numbers? French? German? Polish? Russian?
As a European you have to consider multilingual issues. So, this extension should be more flexible in adjusting to these issues.

anonymous

Originally Said By: office377308
  Find it very difficult to adjust. This extension should have a note:
*** For United States Only ***
In General, Web Assist seems not to realize that the world not only consists of American customs and American Language. Have you ever seen British zip codes / phone numbers? French? German? Polish? Russian?
As a European you have to consider multilingual issues. So, this extension should be more flexible in adjusting to these issues.  

This really has less to do with WebAssist and more to do with Adobe. Unfortunately, Adobe's spry validation has two choices for things like phone numbers - and they are US/Canada or you can choose "Custom Pattern."

I am not sure if Adobe sells a product in Deutschland, do they change the two options... maybe a German user can inform everyone on this.

But, I do know if you want to make it easier to do validation on international numbers, it is not that hard... all you have to do in your CSS Form Builder is edit the validation (which changes the spry) and select "Custom Pattern" from the selection item inside the Form Builder... then once your form is generated, select the blue spry tab that holds the validation for your field and then simply put in your pattern for validation.

With the WebAssist server validation, just double click the server validations in the server behaviors window and then check the validation for the phone number, for example, and make sure it is checked to allow international numbers.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The following thread has information on how to modify the Sry Validation to use a custom format for the telephone number:
showthread.php?t=2690

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...