close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Any changes to shipping connectors?

Thread began 4/07/2021 10:58 am by Steve | Last modified 4/12/2021 1:41 pm by Ray Borduin | 935 views | 15 replies |

Steve

Any changes to shipping connectors?

We're getting the error:

Shipping Quote Failed
We're sorry

Could not connect to UPS

No recent changes or updates and the latest version of eCart6 so not sure why this is happening..?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Your UPS account may need to be updated. I know they require an active card on file. Log into your UPS account and make sure it is up to date.

If you var_dump() the $_SESSION after a failure you may get more information, but it sounds like an issue with your account at UPS.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Steve

Removed

Steve

I've created my own UPS account today and updated confirm.php to use the new info. Same error (Could not connect to UPS) :-(
I can connect directly to the URL (https://www.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate) from my location but not sure if the application is somehow being restricted.
This is an old site where we have run this cart for 12+ years and made no recent changes.

Steve

I have found success using this URL:
https://onlinetools.ups.com/ups.app/xml/Rate

IF this is the proper solution all users of the Cart will need to update their files. Please test and confirm.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Sorry I didn't even remember that it has been so long. We updated that in our code at least 8 years ago, so only people like you that have had sites working for a decade without updating would run into it. I'm glad you were able to find the solution on your own. I was going to suggest giving me FTP access and I would have made sure you had the latest version of the ups include file as a first step.

Steve

Ray, my original installation was version 5 of eCart. I have the latest version of eCart installed in DW2021

Question: What other significant changes occurred that may cause issues and does the latest version have provisions for auto-updating outdated files?
MySQLi updates would be necessary as well as PHP 7.* friendly code seems necessary.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have to re-apply server behaviors individually for the code to update. MySQLi updates and pho7 updates are all included in the latest build. You should probably reinstall to make sure all of your files are up to date before starting your migration and save a backup of the site in case anything goes wrong.

I usually move a copy of the entire site into a /beta/ folder and make all of my changes there and test them before pushing everything live.

Steve

Thanks for the reply Ray, that's exactly what I am doing (duplicate site) for updating and testing prior to releasing live.

Steve

Ray, this one is not showing in the Server Behaviors so I'll need to manually recreate.

What is it actually doing? Inserting IF there is no record in the user table or updating a prior record based on the email address index?

<?php 
$_SESSION['UserID'] = 0;
// WA eCart Store Cart Summary in Db
if ($_SERVER["REQUEST_METHOD"] == "POST") // Trigger
{
$WA_connection = $hearingImp;
$WA_table = "users";
$WA_redirectURL = "";
$WA_indexField = "UserEmail";
$WA_fieldNamesStr = "UserEmail|UserFirstName|UserLastName|UserCity|UserState|UserZip|UserIP|UserPhone|UserFax|UserCountry|UserAddress|UserAddress2";
$WA_fieldValuesStr = "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_email'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_firstname'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_lastname'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_city'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_state_province'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_postcode'] ."" . "|" . "".((isset($_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]))?$_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"]:"") ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_phone'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_fax'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_country'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_street1'] ."" . "|" . "".$_SESSION['eCartCheckoutForm_street1'] ."";
$WA_columnTypesStr = "',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''|',none,''";
$WA_sessionName = "UserID";
$WA_Sql = "";
$NeedInsert = false;
$indexFieldIndex = -1;
$WA_fieldValues = explode("|", $WA_fieldValuesStr);
$WA_columns = explode("|", $WA_columnTypesStr);
$WA_connectionDB = $database_hearingImp;
$updateFieldValue = "";
mysql_select_db($WA_connectionDB, $WA_connection);
if (!session_id()) session_start();
if ($WA_redirectURL != "" && isset($_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"]) && $_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"] !== "" && sizeof($_POST) > 0) {
$WA_redirectURL .= ((strpos('?', $WA_redirectURL) === false)?"?":"&").$_SERVER["QUERY_STRING"];
}
$WA_fieldNames = explode("|", $WA_fieldNamesStr);
$WA_columns = explode("|", $WA_columnTypesStr);
for ($i = 0; $i < sizeof($WA_fieldNames); $i++)
{
if ($WA_indexField == $WA_fieldNames[$i])
{
$indexFieldIndex = $i;
break;
}
}
$deleteFieldValue = "";
$updateColType = "none,none,NULL";
if ($indexFieldIndex >= 0) $updateFieldValue = $WA_fieldValues[$indexFieldIndex];
if ($indexFieldIndex >= 0) $updateColType = $WA_columns[$indexFieldIndex];
if ($updateFieldValue != "") {
$updateParamsObj = WA_generateInsertParams($WA_fieldNames, $WA_columns, $WA_fieldValues, $indexFieldIndex);
$valueForWhere = WA_generateInsertParams(array($WA_indexField), array($updateColType), array($updateFieldValue), -1);
$WA_Sql = "update " . $WA_table . " SET " . $updateParamsObj->WA_setValues . " where " . $WA_indexField . " = " . $valueForWhere->WA_dbValues;
$WA_editCmd = mysql_query($WA_Sql, $WA_connection) or die(mysql_error());
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM " . $WA_table . " where " . $WA_indexField . " = " . $valueForWhere->WA_dbValues, $WA_connection);
$row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);
$_SESSION[$WA_sessionName] = $row['UserID'];
$num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result);
$NeedInsert = (mysql_num_rows($result) === 0);
}
if ($updateFieldValue === "" || $NeedInsert) {
$updateFieldValue = "";
$insertParamsObj = WA_generateInsertParams($WA_fieldNames, $WA_columns, $WA_fieldValues, -1);
$WA_Sql = "insert into " . $WA_table . " (" . $insertParamsObj->WA_tableValues . ") values (" . $insertParamsObj->WA_dbValues . ")";
$WA_editCmd = mysql_query($WA_Sql, $WA_connection) or die(mysql_error());
$_SESSION[$WA_sessionName] = mysql_insert_id();
}
if ($WA_redirectURL != "") {
header("Location: ".$WA_redirectURL); exit;
}
}
?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...