close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

premier support ticket error

Thread began 3/25/2021 12:11 pm by Jonas | Last modified 3/27/2021 9:42 am by Ray Borduin | 580 views | 10 replies |

Jonas

premier support ticket error

It is not possible to send a support ticket. There will be an error message. So I'm writing my message here.
You helped me with form validation that works with bootstrap, in the past. Unfortunately, I have not figured out how it works. I have tried countless forms. First by generating from WA form tool. And then add / change the html code to bootstrap. But there is always something wrong. It does not work like what you helped me with. Can you show me again? If so, do you want me to pay for this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Do you have the old page that had it working? I don't remember how it was done, but if I look then I bet I'll be able to figure it out and explain what is on the page.

What error do you get when submitting the premier request form? I just tried and had no issues.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jonas

I received a validation error message and the fields were cleared. Then I pressed the browser's back button and tried again. But got it wrong again.
I enclose the file that works "registrering.php". As well as the two files (the form and the thank you page) that I do not get to work.
Note that I have only entered validation on the first field to test. The result is that the error message is displayed in black and with the wrong class "serverInvalidState", instead of "invalid-feedback". I also attach screenshots of this.
I also notised an error from crome, see screenshoot.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The key is to add the setting to the jqvalidation code at the bottom:

orientation: "custom"

once you do that, it won't try to reposition the error message, but you have to add the id to the error message like:
<div id="**FIEKDNAME**_waerror_errorMsg_wrapper" class="invalid-feedback">Error message</div>

It looks like you didn't add the necessary ID to the error div on your page.

Jonas

I do not understand. Line 154 on bestallning.php contains this code. Example of the corresponding code on registration.php is on line 106 - and there it works.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yeah that does look right... do you have the same version of: webassist/jq_validation/jquery.h5validate.js

is this on the same site? Do you have a url where I can view the page?

Jonas

This is not the same website. But I copied that file from the location where registration.php is located. So this should be the same, I think?
I worked locally with this, so unfortunately I can not give you any FTP information. But if you want, we can skype?
I found this on the web: https://formvalidation.io/guide/validators/greater-than/. It is an extended version of the validations included in Bootstrap. However, I have not tried it yet. But the best thing would have been if we could solve it so I can still use WebAssist validation.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The error implies that the javascript file wasn't found. Can you put it live somewhere? I'd have to charge you for a support ticket to do live screen sharing.

Jonas

I'm just wondering if I can not use WA's Jquery validation instead? But I do not know how to implement this. Is there any tutorial on this? In that case, I would, in the best case, only be able to delete the JS code at the end that Bootstrap requires and use WA's equivalent. Or am I thinking wrong?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like you didn't do either of the two steps I outlined above:

Change the setting for the orientation to custom like:
orientation: "custom"

once you do that, it won't try to reposition the error message, but you have to add the id to the error message like:
<div id="**FIEKDNAME**_waerror_errorMsg_wrapper" class="invalid-feedback">Error message</div>

I did that on your test page for the first field and it appears to work. You would have to just update the div id's for the others.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...