close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Where to compose email body

Thread began 2/25/2021 7:09 am by FPhu61701534 | Last modified 2/26/2021 8:57 am by Ray Borduin | 497 views | 7 replies |

FPhu61701534

Trigger email after form submit. And where to compose email body?

I want to trigger an email to the customer after he ordered a product. How can it be done?

I can only find a "Send Email" option in WebAssist in which I see many email templates. However, I can't find any way to compose the body of my email. Where can I do so?

I tried to edit the "Block.php page. I am not sure if this is the way to compose the email. I can't find any form data which I can bind into the email body.

Do you have an instructional video on how to create email body and bind form data? Else it's very difficult to use the email feature. The Universal Email plugin in the past used to be very user friendly. The current version is supposedly better but somehow it is not intuitive.

Look forward to your help.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The send email server behavior creates an email body file you can edit directly. Yes, the Block.php page is the email body. Any edits to that file will effect the email body contents. You can edit that page just like you would edit any .php file to create the email body.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

FPhu61701534

Problem #1: How do I bind data from the form submission to "Block.php"? I can't find any form field in the "Bindings" tab because "Block.php" is actually separated from "orderFormNameCard.php processed by the Data Assist server behaviour.

Problem #2: Although I have not composed the message in "Block.php", I had configured the email settings in "orderFormNameCard.php". However, I did not receive the skeleton email after I submitted the form. Any reason why, and how to fix this problem?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Problem #1: From the Bindings panel, click the plus button and go to "Form Data" then select the page with the form that you want the form fields to be available for. That will add them to the bindings so you can add them to the page.

Problem #2: Please attach a copy of the page and I can see if I can spot the issue.

FPhu61701534

Problem #1: I will give this method a try. Tks!

Problem #2: Kindly find attached.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You have a go to page set in your insert server behavior that would take the user off the page before the email could send. You would want to remove the redirect from the insert and add it to the email to allow the email to send first.

FPhu61701534

Great! I can send the email.

I notice that the form's input IDs and data are auto-populated into Block.php (see attached). How do I rename these input IDs to something better (i.e. from "txtTel" to "Telephone)? How do I add/remove those fields which I don't want to appear in the email? Tks!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could rename the form elements to change their names in the email.

You can edit the code on the top of the email body to remove ones you don't want included.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...