close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Javascript errors when creating a new form

Thread began 5/17/2018 12:37 pm by sandy170299 | Last modified 5/18/2018 10:42 am by Ray Borduin | 1567 views | 9 replies |

sandy170299

Javascript errors when creating a new form

I'm consistently getting this error when trying to create a new form. Even in a brand-new, blank site. I deleted my Dreamweaver cache, FYI...

Thank you.

Sign in to reply to this post

sandy170299

P.S. I am using the BETA version of Data Bridge, v. 2.0.0.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Please download and install the latest version updated yesterday. This issue was already reported and should be fixed.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

sandy170299

Where is the link for downloading the latest extension? Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Follow the link on the top of the site and it will lead you to the forum post with all of the downloads:

http://www.webassist.com/forums/posts.php?id=40942

sandy170299

Version 2.0.0. That's what I had downloaded an hour ago, and I still got errors. It's not saving any of the info on the Form Function tab of the Form Builder.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Wait are you still getting the first error, or did that fix it? I'm confused.

The second issue appears to be a problem with how the from value is encoded on the page.

To fix that, delete that line of code and open the Email Server Behavior and set it there instead. The from value really shouldn't be set to the entered value from the form because it will effect the deliver-ability. Instead set the FROM address to a valid email address on your web server that ends with the same @domain.com address that your website uses. Then set the Reply-To address to use the form element value instead.

sandy170299

OK - it's working now. So, in the form wizard, I should not enter any of the data on the Form Function tab, but enter it in the email server behavior instead?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It looks like the only field that isn't working right is the FROM field when using a dynamic value. For now maybe just type static values for each and then edit them with the Server Behavior. I have this on my list of things to fix for the next build.

sandy170299

Got it - thank you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...