close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

NOT COOL, Webassist!

Thread began 9/08/2009 5:11 pm by meegan76727 | Last modified 10/27/2009 10:48 am by codamedia | 14198 views | 46 replies |

meegan76727

NOT COOL, Webassist!

NOT COOL

I just bought the CSS Sculptor 2.0 extension two months ago and you're coming out with a new version that I have to pay 50 BUCKS for???? NOT COOL.

I hope you'll do the right thing and provide the newer version to the recent purchasers of this extension.

Anyone else peeved?

Meegan

Sign in to reply to this post

anonymous

No... why be peeved? Because they are a company doing what they are supposed to do by constantly evolving and making better products?

Would you rather that WebAssist stop making a particular extension better every time someone buys one?

I am sorry, but that makes no sense at all. You still are getting the very product you purchased... it's not as if they are taking away your license for what you did pay for.

I also think this is exactly why they started the subscription service because then if you subscribe, you'll always get the latest product no matter what.

You buy a product because it can help you get a job done. I think that is still the case with the product you purchased. It's not much different than a couple years back when I purchased my iMac only to have Apple, a week later, introduce the new iMac with Leopard and new software. Should I hate Apple for evolving and releasing a better product line each year.

Try to look at it more positively... the good news is that WebAssist continues to innovate on behalf of its users' needs.

amyegc-a319132

I agree with Meegan at least to some degree. Many software companies offer free upgrades if you buy a previous version close to the release date for the new software. I upgraded about a month ago and would not have if I had any idea 3.0 would be coming out one month later. I actually asked for a refund within the 15 day period after purchase because it didn't seem worth the expense. I wanted to go back to version 1. It's my own fault for not following up, but no one from Webassist bothered to get back to me. I would not feel this way if Webassist had provided updates about when 3.0 would be released. Look at the thread asking for suggestions about version 3.0. There's no indication about when it would be released. I'm not interested in a subscription. I want one piece of Webassist software. Technically I got what I paid for and technically Webassist doesn't owe me anything more but it does leave a bad taste.

Anna Robinson

Our policy is to upgrade customers to newly released versions if they have purchased an older version within 30 days of the new version coming out. We do this automatically in the download center so that you don't need to call in to take advantage of this.

We will continue to come out with new versions of our products; in fact, we are trying to get on a quicker cycle for this. Like a lot of software companies though, it is not our policy to publicize release dates for our product line. While some software companies leak this type of information, release dates are often estimated, or move entirely, and moving a release date can be every bit as unpopular as not offering it in the first place.

As SOJO mentions above, our subscription program is a great alternative if you do not want to pay upgrade costs after the 30-day mark.

amyegc-a319132

Is it also your policy to ignore people who ask for a refund within the 15 day trial period which you did to me? I purchased in on August 2nd. My request for a refund was ignored. No I didn't follow up. Yes I just expected Webassist to do what they say they'll do. Now I have software that wasn't much value to me beyond version 1 and I'm 7 days too late to get an upgrade to version 3.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

We honor any requests in the first 15 days. How did you make your request? If you sent an email we should have history of it and will still honor the refund. Please call to investigate further. Make sure to look up the date and time when the email was sent and we should be able to look it up and verify.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

amyegc-a319132

Ray,
I checked my email and I sent it on August 2nd, I believe one day after I bought version 2. Although I responded with the email that said "do not reply" in the address I did not send it to the "do not reply" address. I sent it to sales@webassist.com and included the rest of the email so they had all the info. I can forward the sent email to you if you wish. Thanks.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Just call sales directly and work with them and they will work with you.

skeller61386712

Please work with me, I just sent an email via web form...

Hi, I am in a similar situation, but I feel much worse. I am an individual who is trying to get into web design on my own time (away from work). I purchased an Adobe Suite and then saw Web Assist in August and thought this was a very good idea. So, I paid about $667 for a Suite and several other extensions on August 12, 2009.

Then, just after 15 days (September 1), you came out with the library which gives access to all of your products, including updates! I would like to convert my substantial purchase (I haven't had a chance to start using it until last night, which is when I saw the library availability, etc.) into a library subscription. I am not asking for any money back, but with what I paid, it would roughly pay for the $79 activation fee and 3 years at $200 apiece (with a small, $13 price break for paying 3 years upfront).

Otherwise, I would be in the same position of having to pay almost 3 more months of full access to all products and upgrades to get an upgrade to one extension (CSS Sculptor) that will come out, apparently, just after the 30 day free upgrade window you mentioned. That's just one upgrade, but think about all the upgrades you will offer in the next three years, let alone that I don't even have access to many of your extensions.

I am not a corporation, I am an individual just trying to retrain into a different job so that I can become self-employed. I understand you all need to make a living, too, but I think my proposal is reasonable. All I see that you officially offer is to get a discount of $30 more dollars off the library activation fee, which is hardly a just compensation to someone who, in good faith, plunked down so much money less than a month earlier.

Please help! Thanks for your consideration. I am feeling really crestfallen at the moment.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Contact sales, they will work with you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...