close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Page Manager crashes Dreamweaver CS6

Thread began 1/26/2016 10:02 pm by dionysus224892 | Last modified 1/27/2016 9:47 am by Ray Borduin | 1014 views | 6 replies |

dionysus224892

Page Manager crashes Dreamweaver CS6

After successfully setting up a rule to limit user levels on a certain page, I go to Page Manager to apply this rule. As soon as choose the rule and select the redirect page and then FINISH/SUBMIT, my Dreamweaver crashes.

What can I do?

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

How many pages are you trying to apply it to? You can always apply it to one page at a time with the server behaviors panel. Just open the pages that you want restricted and go to server behaviors and apply the "Restrict Access to Page" server behavior.

The page manager is just supposed to do that for you by opening each page and applying it for you and make it less repetitive, but worst case scenario it can be done individually.

I could try to debug it.... it may have something to do with a page name or something else with your site definition. If you give me FTP access I could download the site and try it myself. I need to reproduce an issue to fix it, so maybe see if it is a particular page that is causing the issue by applying to just one page and see if the problem still occurs... try a couple of different pages to be sure. If you narrow down a page I might be able to look at that page and diagnose it from that.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

dionysus224892

I'm only applying it to a single page. I originally tried through the server behaviours, however that doesn't allow for different levels of access.

What page names should I avoid?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

The server behaviors should have the same exact options. I'm not sure of any page names you should avoid. That is why I was asking your page name so I could analyze if it has something in it that maybe should be avoided.

What do you mean it doesn't allow for different levels of access. It should be literally the same thing... the pages manager just applies that very server behavior to more than one page at a time. If they show different options, maybe that is the issue.

dionysus224892

The page name is sessadmin.php

I'm including a screenshot so you can see what I see.

dionysus224892

I see that I CAN restrict access based on Level—but only in MySQL and NOT in MySQLi—which is what I'm using all over the site.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

There is a MySQL and MySQLi version of that interface. The MySQL version that comes with DataBridge is actually Session based and Rule based, not database driven, so it can be used with MySQLi login by creating rules based on the Session variables stored at login.

The screen shot you sent is the MySQLi version, but there is another version of that interface that you can use for complex rules based on session variables. Use the one under WebAssist->Security Assist->Secure Page

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...