close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

problems checkout wizard

Thread began 7/23/2015 5:33 pm by JBWebWorks | Last modified 7/27/2015 11:58 am by Ray Borduin | 3391 views | 10 replies |

JBWebWorks

problems checkout wizard

I have cart and am using checkout wizard. Have gone through it a few times with problems. Using paypal (payments standard and have api credentials- Use express checkout since don't see option for payments standard). Using UPS as shipper and have user name, password, xml access key and account #.
When using the form maker it only generates a shipping form, does not generate a billing form.
With that form, i have tested and it redirects to checkout_failure from the checkout page.

Adding this after looking at some other threads-
I am using an option that effects price during the add to cart process

Also added <?php session_start(); var_dump($_SESSION); ?> to checkout_failure page and it produces this
array(25) { ["Last_CAPTCHA"]=> int(1437736619) ["captcha_Security_Code_1"]=> string(5) "6dJHm" ["WAENCRYPTEDRETURNUSED"]=> bool(false) ["WAENCRYPTEDRETURNSUCCESS"]=> bool(false) ["rpw"]=> string(6) "e8ghhp" ["UserID"]=> string(1) "1" ["UserEmailVerified"]=> string(1) "1" ["WAVT_productdetail_677_Errors"]=> string(0) "" ["drinkitz_Items"]=> string(221) "1|WAECART|Appletini|WAECART|Apple Martini|WAECART|applemartini.jpg|WAECART|0|WAECART|1|WAECART|0|WAECART|100 Pack $99.99|WAECART|99.99|WAECART|1437736632711469|WAECART|0|WAECART|99.99|WAECART|1 Appletini (1)|WAECART|99.99" ["WAEC_ContinueRedirect"]=> string(30) "/productdetail.php?ProductID=1" ["drinkitz_UPS_Success"]=> bool(true) ["drinkitz_UPS_ResponseCode"]=> string(1) "1" ["drinkitz_UPS_Quote"]=> string(4) "9.89" ["drinkitz_UPS_ErrorCode"]=> int(0) ["drinkitz_UPS_ErrorDescription"]=> string(0) "" ["drinkitz_UPS_FullRequest"]=> string(1225) "2CF4A1773E05D215DrinKitz2015DK110#LurtonRating and Service1.0001Raterate01085RY3
Pensacola32505US
PensacolaFL32505US
0302121212IN0.1LBS" ["drinkitz_UPS_FullResponse"]=> string(1471) " Rating and Service1.00011Success03Your invoice may vary from the displayed reference ratesLBS11.0USD9.89USD0.00USD9.89USD9.89USD0.00USD9.890.1LBS11.0" ["WASF_CheckoutWizard_Sharp_Default"]=> array(14) { ["Company_Name"]=> string(0) "" ["First_Name"]=> string(3) "Jim" ["Last_Name"]=> string(8) "Balthrop" ["Email_Address"]=> string(17) "jb@jbwebworks.com" ["Phone_Number"]=> string(14) "(850) 341-9353" ["Address_1"]=> string(12) "37 Faison St" ["Address_2"]=> string(0) "" ["Country"]=> string(2) "US" ["State"]=> string(2) "FL" ["City"]=> string(9) "Pensacola" ["Postal_Code"]=> string(5) "32505" ["forShipping"]=> string(0) "" ["CheckoutWizard_submit"]=> string(8) "Continue" ["PHPSESSID"]=> string(32) "9793c3f7de33d7b012fe6602d4d5c654" } ["WAVT_confirmcart_Errors"]=> string(0) "" ["WASF_WA_Payments"]=> array(14) { ["Company_Name"]=> string(0) "" ["First_Name"]=> string(3) "Jim" ["Last_Name"]=> string(8) "Balthrop" ["Email_Address"]=> string(17) "jb@jbwebworks.com" ["Phone_Number"]=> string(14) "(850) 341-9353" ["Address_1"]=> string(12) "37 Faison St" ["Address_2"]=> string(0) "" ["Country"]=> string(2) "US" ["State"]=> string(2) "FL" ["City"]=> string(9) "Pensacola" ["Postal_Code"]=> string(5) "32505" ["forShipping"]=> string(0) "" ["CheckoutWizard_submit"]=> string(8) "Continue" ["PHPSESSID"]=> string(32) "9793c3f7de33d7b012fe6602d4d5c654" } ["eCart_PPECO_System"]=> string(2) "US" ["WA_BillingAgreements"]=> array(0) { } ["PayPal_ECO_Token"]=> string(0) "" ["ECO_Auth_Request"]=> string(1440) "webmaster_api1.drinkitz.comGPFE4WAKB48VAMA4A8bS2gPqHgHg5E76i1qkPxlocDkbAkvJ2HMnoLA8ZU47ZTJF75qph-7m63.0http://www.drinkitz.com/pp_confirm.phphttp://www.drinkitz.com/cart.php?ppcancel=1SoleBillingSale109.8899.999.89Appletini11Sale" ["ECO_Auth_Result"]=> string(2174) "2015-07-24T11:17:34ZFailure28ace2a066a77Transaction refused because of an invalid argument. See additional error messages for details.The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts.10413Error63.0000000" }

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes the error is: ".The totals of the cart item amounts do not match order amounts"

That is directly related to the options that effect price. You will have to go into the confirm.php page and update the express checkout so that the correct price is passed (including option price). By default it passes the "Price" column from the cart and it isn't totaling correctly when passed to paypal.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

JBWebWorks

Thanks Ray,

In my products catalog, the price is $0 and the price increment is based on the package size that is chosen on the product detail page.
So even though my price is zero, should i still have it shown in the cart perhaps as a hidden field?

JBWebWorks

I have run checkout wizard many times and have gotten it to go to paypal but can't complete the process. at last point it redirects back to cart.php which is empty.
One question is with the checkout forms I only get a shipping section, not a billing section?
One more question-Can I increment weight along with price using the same select list in my product detail page?

JBWebWorks

I got the checkout process to work by using the weight increment and adjusting the cart calculation for weight.
Still don't know why with the checkout forms I only get a shipping section, not a billing section with the checkout wizard?

One last question (I hope)
I have a column called Package and it is the optionName from the select list on productdetail page
I want that to go to Paypal so that the paypal information shows what package size the customer bought.
How can I do that?

Thanks for your support!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can update the confirm.php page and the pp_confirm page where the cart information is passed to express checkout. Just include the package information from the cart in with the Name when it is passed to paypal.

If you send a copy of those pages in a reply I can give line numbers and code references if needed.

JBWebWorks

thanks Ray.

I attached the 2 pages.
I changed the confirm page by adding lines 60-62
I changed the pp-confirm page by adding lines 166-168

but it still doesn't show when it gets to paypal.
I must have not changed the pages correctly

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can't add it as a separate line, you would have to add it to the existing name... so instead of:

$nextIndex = count($WA_PP_ECO_Do_itemized[0]);
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_itemized[0][$nextIndex] = "Name" . strval($cartIndex+1) . "";
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_itemized[1][$nextIndex] = "".$drinkitz->DisplayInfo("Name") ."";
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_itemized[0][$nextIndex] = "Package" . strval($cartIndex+1) . "";
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_itemized[1][$nextIndex] = "".$drinkitz->DisplayInfo("Package") ."";

it would just be:

$WA_PP_ECO_Do_itemized[0][$nextIndex] = "Name" . strval($cartIndex+1) . "";
$WA_PP_ECO_Do_itemized[1][$nextIndex] = "".$drinkitz->DisplayInfo("Name") ." - ".$drinkitz->DisplayInfo("Package") ."";

JBWebWorks

Thanks Ray,
That does what i wanted.

Any idea why i only get the shipping portion of the form when running checkout wizard and form design?

Thanks very much for your support!

Ray BorduinWebAssist

If you are doing Express Checkout, then the billing portion is handled by Paypal, so you only need the shipping portion.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...