close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

eCart 6.1.0 and Checkout Wizard

Thread began 12/30/2014 6:52 am by info185511 | Last modified 1/16/2015 12:01 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2651 views | 14 replies |

info185511

eCart 6.1.0 and Checkout Wizard

I hope these are not foolish questions to ask as I have attempted to find the answers through the webassist forums. And if there were a link I can be directed to that would be helpful. All address the current version of eCart, 6.1.0 on a Mac using OS 10.5.8 and adobe Dreamweaver CS4 (version 10.0 build 4117) testing through MAMP version 1.9.6.

After uninstalling Dreamweaver and removing the eCart extension and any files related to eCart and reinstalling Dreamweaver and downloading the eCart extension twice, the third time seemed to work and the error box did not show again. (ERROR, screen shot).

Created a products page, eCart Object and inserted the "add to cart" button several times as “add static item to cart” with no problem.

Using the eCart Display Manager I have supplied two screen shots for the settings I used (eCart Display Manager 1.png, eCart Display Manager 2.png).

Moving on to the eCart Checkout Wizard, I have supplied screen shots of the settings (eCart Checkout Wizard Settings, eCart Checkout Wizard Payments, eCart Checkout Wizard Shipping, and eCart Checkout Wizard Form Design) The screen shots of the first three show a slide bar under the heading on the left side which is inactive and may be a bug or a result of too many reinstalls of the extension.

I have included screen shots of the pages that were created Confirm Cart, Checkout Success, Cart and Checkout. The one, which seems unusual, is the Checkout. Not sure why the Billing information part of the form does not appear, the Shipping part on the right is cut off and the Order Confirmation at the bottom is not formatted.

I noticed that in addition to the cart.php page there are checkout_failure.php, checkout_success.php, checkout.php, confirm_cart.php, confirm.php, and pp_confirm.php pages generated. Are they all required?

Using the previous version of eCart 5.0.3 for another client and which I received help there were only checkout_failure.php, checkout_success.php, checkout.php, and confirm.php, pages generated. The PayPal link was via an email address with the fee that of the present PayPal Express.

Are the differences due to the PayPal Express selection, the present client does not want to pay monthly charges of a more elaborate account or a SSL certificate?

My last set of questions. Is it possible to have the word FREE appear in the handling section and shipping section of the form rather than $0.00 or no visual of both. And finally would you suggest reverting to the previous version of eCart 5.0.3 based on the operating system and software.

Thank you in advance and best wishes for the New Year.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Billing isn't included for express checkout because that information is obtained by paypal.

All of the pages are necessary and are loaded via AJAX on the checkout page even though they aren't viewed directly.

You can update the page and put FREE in there without causing any problems. I would just ignore the scroll bar, it doesn't seem to be causing any issues and may be some sort of issue with CS4, but shouldn't concern you.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

info185511

eCart 6.1.0 and Checkout Wizard followup

Thanks for the quick response. The second part of the question to the Checkout (Checkout.png screen shot), the Shipping part on the right is cut off and the Order Confirmation at the bottom is not formatted. Is this a bug or should one go and manually format? Thank you for your help.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Both? It appears to be a display bug of some sort... If you gave me the url I could look into the cause. But the solution is to just reformat the css. It shouldn't be that way, but seems like an easy fix from within Dreamweaver.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

info185511

Thanks for the solution still working on the site through MAMP as the localhost, not uploaded yet. Will try to solve the reformating, as it is the only way to learn. If I run into a problem I will ask through this thread, thanks again for a great product and great service.

info185511

Found the problem the css was not inserted into the checkout.php file. in my case "<link href="WA_eCart/CSS/eC_Clean_Pacifica_Verdana.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />", this had to be inserted manually.

With regard to the "Free Shipping" question I found reference to one on a different thread, your solution was the following:
you can show a specific 0 dollar rule title, but you could show a free shipping message if the shipping total is = to 0:
<?php if ($LEDCart->GetShipping() == 0) { ?>
Free Shipping
<?php } ?>
I tried this in the cart.php file but the page now shows blank even with the following inserted at the top of the page.
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>
Would you advise setting up rules for both the shipping and handling as the client would like to show the buyer that both are free.

Lastly when setting up the Checkout Wizard it provided a Progress Bar, The client now would like the colors changed and the cabo-wheel.gif changed to slate-largespin.gif. Without setting up the Checkout Wizard again and generating all the php files is there an easier way by altering specific files. I found reference in theme.xml, a fd_basic_ccpnoframe.xml which was generated and jquery-blockui-formprocessing.js.
Again thanks in advance. John

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the code:
<?php if ($LEDCart->GetShipping() == 0) { ?>
Free Shipping
<?php } ?>

is specific the cart object being named LEDCart. you would need to edit the code to use the correct art object name.

you don't really set up rules for free shipping, you would set up rules with conditions that should be met for them to apply, if they don't apply, the $cartName->GetShipping() will return 0 thus shipping is free, that returns the total for shipping, so it would account for both shipping and handling.

to change the progress bar, open the checkout page, and click the blue bounding box that is around the cachet form, then in the property inspector, edit the progress bar to change it's settings.

info185511

eCart 6.1.0 and Checkout Wizard Free Shipping

Solved the issue with the progress bar, thank you.
As mentioned the client would like to see the word FREE where the dollar amount would be on the right side under the total column. Tried the code but I am unsure if I am placing it in the correct area. I am still getting a blank page when viewed.
Before code is as follows

<?php
//WA eCart Merchandizing Show Start
//ecart="CCPotteryCart"
if ($CCPotteryCart->GetShipping() > 0) {
?>
<tr>
<td class="eC_SummaryLabel">Shipping</td>
<td id="CCPotteryCart_JSON_Display_Shipping"><?php echo WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($CCPotteryCart, $CCPotteryCart->GetShipping()); ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
//WA eCart Merchandizing Show End
//ecart="CCPotteryCart"
}
?>

And after adding the addition code it is as follows

<?php
//WA eCart Merchandizing Show Start
//ecart="CCPotteryCart"
if ($CCPotteryCart->GetShipping() == 0) { ?>
Free Shipping
<?php } ?>
<tr>
<td class="eC_SummaryLabel">Shipping</td>
<td id="CCPotteryCart_JSON_Display_Shipping"><?php echo WA_eCart_DisplayMoney($CCPotteryCart, $CCPotteryCart->GetShipping()); ?></td>
</tr>
<?php
//WA eCart Merchandizing Show End
//ecart="CCPotteryCart"
}
?>

Once the Shipping is correct I trust I can apply the same code to the handling charges.
Thanks for your patience. John

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

a blank page means that a php error is occurring but error reporting is turned off.

to turn error reporting on, add the following code at line 1:

php:
<?php

error_reporting
(E_ALL);
ini_set('display_errors','on');
?>

once we know what the error is, we will be able to troubleshoot the cause.

info185511

eCart 6.1.0 and Checkout Wizard Free Shipping

Added the code at line 1, tried it but still a blank page shows and no error is given. I am still testing with localhost as server would that present a problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...