close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Hyperlink script errors

Thread began 8/26/2009 4:19 am by mike282022 | Last modified 10/08/2009 10:15 am by biz295654 | 4805 views | 13 replies |

mike282022

Hyperlink script errors

Using iRite 1.0.2 I am getting a script error everytime I try to add a hyperlink to some text. I select the text, click the link icon, and the dialogue box appears for setting the link. I enter the necessary details and click okay. Every time the following happens:
a dialogue box appears headed 'script error' with details line:128, char:2, error: object doesn't support this property or method, code:0, URL: ....editor/fckdialog.html.

Clicking yes produces another dialogue box with the same details except it is line 330, char 1.

If I click yes again it goes back to the original link dialogue box but then repeats the same two dialogue boxes in sequence for ever. If after clicking yes on the second error box, I then close the link dialogue box I find the link has been set up correctly.

What is causing these errors to appear and what can I do about it?

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

This may be just some warning from your IE browser based on the settings you have. If you can still get the link inserted then it would seem to be the case. To test this out to see if that is the problem please post back with a link where the editor can be used, I can try doing the same thing in my browsers to see if I get the same result. If I find any problems I will let you know and we can look into those issues further. If in my testing I do not get the same result it would indicate a setting in your IE. You can check this part yourself by going into the options for your browser and checking the error reporting settings in the advanced tab.

mike282022

progress..

Your diagnosis is correct. I am not getting any errors using Firefox or Opera, but only IE 8.

In advanced Internet settings both "debugging" boxes are checked, and "display notification about script error" is not checked. Is there anything I can do to prevent the script still displaying the error?

It probably won't help much but I have uploaded a slightly bowdlerised version of the page where the error is appearing:
iRtest.php
this has some element disabled, so no actual entries will be made in the database, but for me at least it's still displaying the error behaviour I have described.

Mike Harrison

Eric Mittman

In the test page that you pointed the only error I get is when I attempt to browse the server for a location, I get an error about the connector not being enabled.

Other than this I can add in links, fill in the details and click ok to get the link to show. I just ran this test in my local IE 6 and 8 browsers, it looks like I have similar settings to what you have described. It may be worth trying to reload the page with a ctrl + F5 to see if it is some cached version of the page that is causing you problems. Another good test for this may be to have a page that has only the editor on it, this should help to eliminate any other issues that may be present in any other scripts on the page.

biz295654WebAssist

This is the problem I'm having with Explorer too. What was the solution?

In addition, the link feature is inserting extra "" "" around the link, and "_blank" so the result is a bad link.

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Try updating to the most recent version. Go into your site and delete the iRite/editor folder entirely and then open the edit interface and click OK. That should update your editor to the most recent version, which will hopefully fix the problems you were having.

Let us know if you need more help.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

biz295654WebAssist

Perhaps I didn't install the new one properly. I deleted old one in Exchange, then installed new one, entered serial number.... I deleted the WA_iRite folder, opened a page using it, clicked on editor, set paramenters, uploaded page and folder. Now, I have missing images in the irite box...

Only in Explorer, ok in SS and FF.... relaunched Ex in case cache but still not visible. Most odd....

Ray BorduinWebAssist

This update still doesn't directly support image upload. You probably have to go back into your config.php page in the editor/filemanager/connectors/php folder to reset any image folder and enable upload manually like you did in the original implementation.

biz295654WebAssist

Perhaps I expressed the problem incorrectly. I didn't mean the image upload feature, but rather the images that are part of the bar ... the icons representing the functions of the editor, ie, the link icon, the bullet icon, etc.

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I see. Do you have a url where I can view the problem?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...