close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Checkout does not work.

Thread began 8/25/2009 1:27 pm by larsentim278054 | Last modified 8/28/2009 12:08 pm by Eric Mittman | 2293 views | 5 replies |

larsentim278054

Checkout does not work.

I am using Authorize.net payment gateway. I've added my credentials in the global file. I can't get checkout.php to work. It loads the form fine, but no matter what, it will not accept any of my VALID credit cards. In my global file, I have tried putting the testing to True, and false, and in authorize.net section of the global file, I have tried putting the testing sandbox to true and false, and none of those options produce any good results when entering my actual credit card information. always says that it can't do the transaction, try checkout again. (like I put a bad information in). In my authorize.net setup (on their site), I have it in testing mode because I didn't want any charges to actually go through.

I've setup eCart checkout pages before with other custom sites, just not with this powerstore setup. So I do know how to get it to work with other "regular" sites that I'm taking payments for.

I haven't changed anything in the cart behavior or the checkout process other than adding the necessary information into the global file.

What do I need to do to get this to work??

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

If your Authorize.NET account is set to be in test mode then you may need to use a test credit card to get the transaction to go through properly. If this is the case you should have this information available to your somewhere on the Authorize.NET site when you login.

If you have it set to be test mode from your account you should make sure that you do not have test mode enabled in the globals file in any way, they should be set to false here.

It sounds like you are just getting the regular text message on the failure page, to get a more meaningful response on this page you can use the response reason text binding to show the reason. If it is not clear then you can add in the full request and response bindings onto the page to get at all the details.

Here is the code for the response reason text, put this on your checkout failure page where you would like to see the message:

php:
<?php echo(AuthNet_Result("Response Reason Text")) ?>

These next two bindings are for the full request and full response, you would also place these on the checkout failure page where you would like to see the messages:

php:
<?php echo(AuthNet_Result("Full Request")) ?>

<?php 
echo(AuthNet_Result("Full Response")) ?>

larsentim278054

Hi Eric,

Sorry- I should've noted this thread today - because I got this figured out now. What was happening was the shipping part of the process was erroring out because I was using UPS and using the HTML Access Code instead of the XML access code (I guess they are handled differently) and wasn't allowing the order to go through. Once I fixed that, everything seems fine now.

Thanks!

Eric Mittman

That is good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

larsentim278054

Did you see my other question in this thread: showthread.php?t=3596

Could you provide some help?

Thanks!

Eric Mittman

It looks like Jason has just responded to that one. If you need any further help it would be best to post back to the original thread.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...