close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Invoice email - direct from payment gateway??

Thread began 8/26/2009 12:32 pm by larsentim278054 | Last modified 8/28/2009 11:51 am by Jason Byrnes | 4546 views | 12 replies |

larsentim278054

Invoice email - direct from payment gateway??

Hi -

I just got my payment gateway to work properly... I have it setup in my global file to NOT be testing - but I have it setup in Authorize.net as TESTING MODE. That way I can make sure it gets to authorize.net but it won't charge anything.

So I got it to work - but when I get the "invoice" after making a test purchase - it looks exactly like what I get from authorize.net. Is that how it's supposed to be? I assumed I would get something from my site that I did the test purchase with? Or does it copy the same email? Basically, I'm wondering if I can customize this.

EDIT: I figured out that this email I got WAS from Authorize.net and I'm NOT getting the confirmation email from my powerstore site.

Also - when I goto admin - to update the order with a shipping notification - there's a spot for a tracking number for me to fill out and a tracking URL.

The tracking URL has USPS tracking url on it - it's not UPS which is the shipping provider that I am using in my globals file. Shouldn't that show a UPS tracking url? Also - when I sent the test shipment confirmation - it does display the "tracking number" that I put in the field - and the URL, but it doesn't automatically combine them? In other words, there's no way to have it take the tracking number and append it to the url so they can just have a clickable url that will take them straight to their tracking page without having to re-enter the tracking number once they get there?

Thanks!

Sign in to reply to this post

larsentim278054

No luck?

Anyone know the answer to this?

larsentim278054

So I looked into the Admin -> Orders page. There is a checkbox for "Shipped" and "Confirmation". So I thought - Ohhh, I have to manually tell it to send the confirmation (which I don't think is right, but anyhow). So I check "Confirmation" (note I did NOT check "shipped") and click on update. So a second later, I DO get an email from my site, BUT it sent the "Your Product Has Shipped" email. Not a confirmation stating I received the order.

So it's sending the wrong email. And I thought it should send the confirmation email as soon as the user places the order. Shouldn't it?

Either way, checking off "Confirmation" on the update Orders page in Admin section doesn't do what it's supposed to. It sends the shipped email without the shipping details. And clicking on Shipped sends the same email but WITH the shipping details. Doesn't make sense to me.

And it's definitely not sending what the Globals file says it should. The payment or order confirmation email should say Order Receipt. Not "Shipping Confirmation".

Or am I getting this all wrong? Perhaps that confirmation checkbox is for shipping. and I'm just not getting the order confirmation email like I should.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The email that is sent from the Admin -> Orders page is the shipping confirmation email, not the order recipt email.

To trouble shoot why the recipt email is not being sent, the first thing I would want to do is to determine if the code where getting into the email section.

find the following on the confirm page:

php:
<?php

if ((isset($_POST["Submit_order"])))     {

//WA Universal Email object="mail"
  //Send Loop Once Per Entry

$RecipientEmail "".((isset($_POST["email"]))?$_POST["email"]:"")  ."";include("WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_confirm_1.php");

//Send Mail All Entries

if (""!="")     {

header("Location: ");
  }
}
?>

and change it to:

php:
<?php

$RecipientEmail "".((isset($_POST["email"]))?$_POST["email"]:"")  ."";include("WA_Universal_Email/WAUE_confirm_1.php");
  die(
"Send Email");

//Send Mail All Entries

if (""!="")     {

}
}
?>

If the email is being sent, you will see a whit screen with the words "Send Email" on it. if you see that, then there is likely a problem with one of the payment receipt variables

$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_Subject = "Order Receipt" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_FROM = "yourname@yourdomain.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_BCC = "" ;

make sure that none of the address in the form BCC or CC settings is the same address you are placing the order with, this may cause the email to be treated as spam.

Let me know the results of that test, and we can take it from there.

larsentim278054

I tried it several times, and I don't get a white page stating the email was sent. (Yeah, I verified that I added the code you told me to - the die code).

So what does that mean? It's not even trying to send the email, right?

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  The email that is sent from the Admin -> Orders page is the shipping confirmation email, not the order recipt email.

To trouble shoot why the recipt email is not being sent, the first thing I would want to do is to determine if the code where getting into the email section.

find the following on the confirm page:
php:
<?php

//Send Mail All Entries

if (""!="")     {

}
}
?>

and change it to:
php:
<?php

die(
"Send Email");

//Send Mail All Entries

if (""!="")     {

}
}
?>

If the email is being sent, you will see a whit screen with the words "Send Email" on it. if you see that, then there is likely a problem with one of the payment receipt variables

$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_Subject = "Order Receipt" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_FROM = "yourname@yourdomain.com" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_CC = "" ;
$WAGLOBAL_Receipt_Email_BCC = "" ;

make sure that none of the address in the form BCC or CC settings is the same address you are placing the order with, this may cause the email to be treated as spam.

Let me know the results of that test, and we can take it from there.  

larsentim278054

Ray told me this (in another thread): "Remove the redirect page specified in the "store cart details in database". I think that is causing the page to redirect before the email is sent."

Is that something I should try? I added that die on mail code you told me to, and it doesn't show me the white page stating the email was sent, so I'm guessing it's not even getting to that point.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, if it isn't showing a white screen, then it isn't trying to send the email.

If there is a redirect in the store cart details in database behavior, that is most likely redirecting before the email can be sent, you should remove it.

can you compress the confirm page in a zip archive and attach it to your post so I can take a look at it?

larsentim278054

Sure. Here it is.

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Yes, if it isn't showing a white screen, then it isn't trying to send the email.

If there is a redirect in the store cart details in database behavior, that is most likely redirecting before the email can be sent, you should remove it.

can you compress the confirm page in a zip archive and attach it to your post so I can take a look at it?  
Attached Files
confirm.zip

larsentim278054

Per Ray's instructions (and yours) - I've looked in confirm.php and it does have a redirect - but that was from the default page that was in powerstore. If that's not supposed to be like that, why is it shipped like this?

Here's what it looks like (just that part):

<?php 
// WA eCart Store Cart Details in Db
if (isset($_POST["Submit_order"])) // Trigger
{
$WA_connection = $localhost;
$WA_table = "orderdetails";
$WA_redirectURL = "checkout_success.php";
$WA_indexField = "DetailOrderID";

So are you saying I should remove the $WA_redirectURL = "checkout_success.php"; line?

If so, will it not go to the success page once submitted?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, change:
$WA_redirectURL = "checkout_success.php";

to:
$WA_redirectURL = "";

then change 1111 - 1121:

php:
<?php

//Send Mail All Entries

if (""!="")     {

}
}
?>

to:

php:
<?php

//Send Mail All Entries

if ("checkout_success.php"!="")     {

header("Location: checkout_success.php");
  }
}
?>

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...