close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Ecart Donations - tax releif or Gift AId for the UK

Thread began 8/13/2014 2:11 pm by The Flying Fox | Last modified 8/15/2014 11:44 am by Jason Byrnes | 943 views | 3 replies |

The Flying Fox

Ecart Donations - tax releif or Gift AId for the UK

Hi Me again,

I am now converted to Web Assist, I first found the extensions hard to handle, but I am now loving them now I have got used to using them, well done guys
The support is next to none...

Now that I've made your head a little bigger..lol

I have setup, successfully, a donate text field on my product information screen

(http://www.crieffhighlandgathering.com/store/index.php?store=info&ProductID=5)

which transfers to my shopping cart (adds together for the total value)

but it fails at checkout, I am not sure where this fails,

Also I want to put together a field like the Discount- Tax-Shipping fields which tells the buyer that they have donated (for example £100 but with the Gift Aid check box being checked they have actually paid £125) this field is hidden if purchasing tickets only. this value is only shown if the category is = to 2 and only 2.

We run a charity as well as a Highland Games and only want the category 2 to be Tax aided

I thought that I'd sorted it but fell at the checkout failure

Andy

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

What do you mean by "it fails at checkout"?

In what way does it fail? Does it direct to the checkout_failure.php page?

if so add the following code on the failure page:
<?php @session_start(); var_dump($_SESSION); ?>

this will write the session contents to the page including the response from the gateway and include details on the cause of the failure,

for the checkbox, you need a new column in the cart object , for example sake lets call it giftAid, in the add to cart button, set that new column to be updatable as a checkbox.

after the add to cart button adds the checkbox to the add to cart form, set the checked value for the checkbox to be 1 and add an if statement around it to use a hidden form element with a value of 0 is the category is not 2, for example:

<?php if($row_recordsetName['categorycolumn'] == "2") { ?>
<checkbox with checked value set to 1>
<?php } else { ?>
<hidden element of the same name, with value set to 0>
<?php } ?>

then in the cart object, create a new calcualation as:

giftAidTotal:
abs([giftAid] == '1')?25:0

type currency

and on the charges tab, create a new charge as:

trigger:
column giftAidTotal > a value of 0

calculation:
subtotal of column giftAidTotal plus 0.

The Flying Fox

Hi Jason,

Thanks for that. I went down a slightly different route adding the check box and Donation field to my product information page instead and passing them over to the shopping Cart.

The problem lay with the formula, or lack of, on my part. I added to the cart but didn't add to the charges so when trying to check out the total amount never added up correctly.

Using your initial formula it is now working. Can the 'Charges' name be changed to 'Donation' as we don't charge anything for our product and Also will this be reflected on PayPal as when submitted it is classed as 'Handling' on PayPal checkout.

Also I am stuck on validating my donation field

I have 3 donatable products, these are just incentives to become part of the games

I have entered 2 new fields into the products table minprice and maxprice

product 1 the min donation need to be £1 the max £4.99

product 2 the min donation need to be £5 the max £9.99

product 3 the min donation need to be £10 the max £100.00

how can I validate these using server validation, I have look through the list but not sure which to choose

so for example Joe comes along and selects product 2 and for the donation enters £3. the validation should trigger telling Joe a min donation for this product is £5

This will probably be easier than I'm making it, Can't see the wood for the trees at the moment

Thanks
Andy

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, the charges label cannot be renamed in the cart or on paypal, that is how paypal will display it.

The minimum and maximum will take hand coding to accomplish, cant really be done simply in server validation, if you need help in coding it, we can help through a premiere support appointment:
http://www.webassist.com/premier_request.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...