close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Payment Alternatives Other Then Default Options

Thread began 8/21/2009 11:31 pm by info355813 | Last modified 8/26/2009 6:32 am by rayne202093 | 2963 views | 9 replies |

info355813

Payment Alternatives Other Then Default Options

I would like to know if anyone has gotten PowerStore2 to work with another payment option besides PayPal Website Payments Pro or Authorize.net such as PayPal Website Payments Standard, Google Checkout, any other way with PayPal or anything else. I know the product only support those two, seems as if you can use something else but loose functionality, yet I think I see a few people have gotten PayPal express or something. What payment options does eCart support?...has anyone changed it with that? If anyone can help in accomplishing this or providing their experience to getting close it would be appreciated.

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

I'm not sure if you have seen it but in the PowerStore support page there is a how to for using a different gateway with the PowerStore and eCart. It is designed to show you how to update the local checkout with another, but you could just as easily use a remote checkout option. On the support page under How Tos is the guide:

powerstore/

glozinski107205

Local checkout

Would like to process localally meaning through my own SSL and a credit card machine and not a payment gateway. What steps would I take to do accomplish this? checked out Local checkout but still wanting a payment gateway...which I do not have nor want
Tx
need to remove paypal from checkout page...I did it from the confirm page but do not see any info on the checkout page.
tx

jfayehaynes368343

Payment Processed Manually

I too am in need of a manual payment processing. The products that we sell are not always in stock, and may or may not fit the vehicle. We need to be able to have the order emailed to us, then we have to manually process the order and enter in the credit card information manually at our store.
Is this possible in PowerStore 2?

Thanks

Eric Mittman

A local checkout is one that occurs on your own site. The guide that is available discusses how to change the local checkouts offered by default with a local checkout from eCart.

If you do not wish to process the transaction you can just put the checkout in test mode from the globals file. It should still work like normal but you will not process the transaction through your merchant gateway. The order information and details will be inserted into the order and order details tables.

glozinski107205

Payment Options

Where do I find info for remote? Okay, here is the error I get on checkout_failure.php?shipping=fail
Transaction Not Completed
We're sorry

Your transaction could not be completed. Either your credit card information or billing address has problems and cannot be processed

Please return to checkout and try again.
Where do I take it from here?
Also, needed to add company name for the both usercompany and shipcompany it shows under the ecart form on the checkoutpage but not so on the confirm page. I have added them to the checkout page but cannot seem to get them recognized on the confirm page to get and validate on the checkout and confirm page. if ship same Company name needs to also show on the form.

Attached Files
confirm.zip

glozinski107205

Payment Options

Even when you select local checkout it still wants you to select a gateway (you can choose from 11 of them).
One of the biggest selling features that I bought into Power Store 2 was that I am converting from ASP to PHP as that was the platform that you chose to promote:
I was led to believe that I would be up and running within a few days. Needless to say I have been trying since July 24th. But now the most important part which is the checkout form and the checkout process is becoming a major issue. I do not believe that I should have to spend more engery on redoing a new form that should be part of your options for checking out ie the local checkout form which does not fit in with the current look nor is it used with spry validations. There must be a way to use the current form and be able to pass on the information to my SSL and email me the order and information. Just hitting too many errors and getting very frustrated.....and would like to finish at least one website....

rayne202093

Originally Said By: Eric Mittman
  A local checkout is one that occurs on your own site. The guide that is available discusses how to change the local checkouts offered by default with a local checkout from eCart.  

Sorry to be a pain, but I have looked through the guides that came with Powerstore and eCart and cannot find how to remove the payment gateway. Could you please specify which guide it is in?
Thanks.
--rayne

office172461

Originally Said By: rayne202093
  Sorry to be a pain, but I have looked through the guides that came with Powerstore and eCart and cannot find how to remove the payment gateway. Could you please specify which guide it is in?
Thanks.
--rayne  

I think he means the one under:
Support,
Solutions,
Powerstore,
How Tos,
Changing PowerStore's Payment Gateway with eCart (PDF)

rayne202093

Originally Said By: office172461
  I think he means the one under:
Support,
Solutions,
Powerstore,
How Tos,
Changing PowerStore's Payment Gateway with eCart (PDF)  

Thank you! When I first looked at that one, I thought I had to choose one of the defined gateways and that "Local" meant Paypal, because that is how it is defined in the cart dialog box, but I understand the difference now. Thanks.
--rayne

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...