close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Having problems upgrading to eCart

Thread began 3/31/2014 5:13 am by NWak04030229 | Last modified 3/31/2014 11:07 am by NWak04030229 | 1683 views | 11 replies |

NWak04030229

Having problems upgrading to eCart

I am having problems upgrading from a PayPal button site to eCart. I am following the instructions on your video tutorial but when I get to the Server Behaviors I don't have all the options that are shown on your video tutorial for the bindings. I have attached what I have when I open the Dynamic Data (see attached). I am also getting the error message that my cart.php page will not save as it says there is a sharing violation (see attached). What am I doing wrong?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The bindings panel shows the columns that are defined in your cart object.

if you have different columns defined in the cart object than in the tutorial, the bindings list will show different contents.

the sharing violation error seems to suggest that the cart.php page may be open in another application, try restarting the computer and accessing that file again.

NWak04030229

But none of the bindings are showing. Just a cmd; encrypted, submit.x and submit.y. Does that mean I don't need to associate any of them

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is showing the cart display page.

you add the add to cart server behavior on the page that has the paypal add to cart buttons not the cart display page.

NWak04030229

Sorry I am getting confused. I am following this tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6dYzxrQRJg) and have got to the part where it says to open the cart page (which I have done), go to Bindings and select Form Data and choose a page that has a Paypal button on it. My pages have lists on them so the page has up to 10 Paypal buttons on them. So I select a page (html) and then go back to Bindings to carry out the following part of the tutorial and that is when I get the screen attached which doesn't have any of the bindings in it and doesn't correlate to anything on the tutorial. This is where I am getting confused. Sorry about this but can't get my head round this bit.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

scroll down the options further to find the other forms binding from your page.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

are you using standard paypal buttons or hosted paypal buttons?

The tutorial does not apply to hosted paypal buttons, only to standard paypal buttons.

if you could send a copy of one of the pages that has the paypal buttons on it, i could tell if these are standard paypal buttons or hosted.

NWak04030229

here is a copy of the page from one of the catalogues

NWak04030229

I've twigged! It's the + button at the top I need to open! Sorry

NWak04030229

Sorry me again!! I thought I had it but I haven't. I am attaching two further screenshots. The first one is what I thought I had found but it is actually just a list of the items in ecart - the second is what I see if I scroll down and open up those +. I am totally lost - sorry

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...