close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I am unable to update my products.

Thread began 12/31/2013 11:37 am by Genuine COA | Last modified 1/07/2014 7:20 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2064 views | 15 replies |

Genuine COA

I get the following error message:

The connection was reset.
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.
The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Waterfox is permitted to access the Web.

I get a similar message from Chrome and IE. I have spoken with GoDaddy and they assure me there is no problem with the server. This error only appears when I try to update or add a product. I created a new product yesterday at 12:16pm (timestamp from the image upload), without a problem. But, 3 hours later, when I tried to add a new product, this error appeared. I can create/update coupons and users, just not products. I have only been working in the Admin portion and have made no changes to any php scripts (date stamp will confirm). My Admin access information is attached.

Sign in to reply to this post

Roz431315

I got the same issue, not sure if we will get an answer until Thursday.

coryctaylor390938

Same problem here. I can update or change coupons but not products. I have tried different computers and browsers. I am hosted by godaddy as well.
Here is the message I get:

This page can’t be displayed

•Make sure the web address http://whichwatchdesigns.com is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the Connections/PowerStoreConnection.php file try changing line 9:

$PowerStoreConnection = mysql_pconnect($hostname_PowerStoreConnection, $username_PowerStoreConnection, $password_PowerStoreConnection) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

to:

$PowerStoreConnection = mysql_connect($hostname_PowerStoreConnection, $username_PowerStoreConnection, $password_PowerStoreConnection) or trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);

basically change:
mysql_pconnect

to:
mysql_connect

if you continue to have a problem, i'll need to troubleshoot the site directly, in a private message, include a link to the Power Store admin, admin login and FTP details so i can reproduce and troubleshoot the issue.

Genuine COA

I made the change, but it is still giving me the same message.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

It looks like GoDaddy recently implemented mod security settings that is causing code on the products insert and update pages to be flagged as a vulnerability. I updated the code on those pages to prevent the mod security settings from flagging the code as a vulnerability.

Genuine COA

It works perfectly!!! This is why I love Webassist and all of you guys!!! Thank you very much!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

I also added a sticky post for this issue here:
Issue when Inserting or Updating a new product using GoDaddy hosting with Power Store 4

coryctaylor390938

Unable to update or change galleries

Thanks for the inserting/updating products fix, it works great. I am also unable to create a new gallery or modify an existing gallery. I am not sure if this is a problem linked to the godaddy mod security settings?? Any help would be appreciated.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'll need to troubleshoot directly, see the private message section.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...