close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

changing domain name and purshcasing ssl cert

Thread began 11/26/2013 9:37 am by mycroft | Last modified 11/27/2013 1:46 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2022 views | 5 replies |

mycroft

changing domain name and purshcasing ssl cert

I am trying to change my cafecommerce store name. I have made the initial switch for most of the pages but when I try to buy a new SSL Certificate I keep getting an error saying that my domain is currently connected to another service on Dreamhost, however I had Dreamhost convert the hosting of the new domain over to CafeCommerce already. I have attached an image of the error i get when trying to purchase the ssl cert and an image of the dreamhost manage domain page.

Small sidenote. I did purchase an ssl cert for the domain through dreamhost as well, but have decided to abandon that route as this process it too cumbersome to go that route. I will be fine with purchasing the cert directly through CafeCommerce.
Thanks for any help on this issue.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Since your domain is already set up, you should be scrolling down on that page and clicking the "Purchase Certificate" button. It looks like you are clicking the "Purchase a Domain" button instead and that isn't necessary since your domain is already registered with Dreamhost.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mycroft

domain and ssl updated...almost

Thanks Ray,
So I did that, but I am not getting the feeling that the new domain, the only domain I want to be used, is going to replace the old one. The reason why I say this as that in the admin panel I still have two url's that can access my store. One of them contains the old url. How does one remedy this? When people go to checkout of the store are they going to go the old url space? I have attached an image of why I am concerned. The olde url is highlighted.
Thansk,
Heidi

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I updated the domain... it won't actually go there in checkout any more since you have your own SSL certificate, but I updated it anyway.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

mycroft

Can i now delete the old domain from Dreamhost

Thanks for doing that Ray. It looks like at this juncture I am safe to delete the old domain from being hosted on Dreamhost? I just want to double check because the last time I did that I lost access the store and everything, so i am a little gun shy. See attached image for clarification.
Thanks!
Heidi

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, you are safe to delete the old domain

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...