close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Glitch with column sort

Thread began 5/28/2013 9:26 am by iainmacdonald331081 | Last modified 7/15/2013 10:13 am by iainmacdonald331081 | 1948 views | 14 replies |

iainmacdonald331081

Glitch with column sort

Not sure what's gone wrong with a column sort I've done for a page. The columns appear to sort correctly when I click on the column heading, but when I click the links at the bottom of the page to go to page 2, the sort order gets reversed.

I've attached a copy of the page.

Its in an admin section of the site - see PM below.

Sign in to reply to this post

iainmacdonald331081

Further info below.

iainmacdonald331081

Not sure what I've done to cause the error that is now showing:

Unknown column 'CompanyUserID' in 'order clause'

Wasn't there a moment ago, and annoyingly is still there after I restored the file from a backup yesterday....

EDIT - very weird - I deleted ',Company' from the Order Clause, and added it back, and it least that's back!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the navigation passes the sort URL variable.

in the sort behavior, you have the "Toggle Sort On Subsequent Visits" option enabled. Since the navigation passes the sort URL variable, it is considered a subsequent visit, so the order is toggled.

disable that option to prevent the the order from toggling.

iainmacdonald331081

Thanks Jason - where do I access that behavioiur to edit it? I don't see it in the server behaviours panel?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

if you had hand edited some of the code, that could cause the server behavior to not display on the list,

change the following code:
$WADA_Sort_1->ToggleOn = true;

to:
$WADA_Sort_1->ToggleOn = false;

iainmacdonald331081

Thanks Jason - I was just going to post that I changed that.

I don't know if you logged in and had a look at the pages, or just looked at the code, but all the pages under Products with sorts seem to work just fine with that line as

$WADA_Sort_1->ToggleOn = true;

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yes, it will sort fine the first time around.

but the problem you reported in the initial post was using the navigation caused the sort order to reverse, this is because of the toggle setting being set to true.

iainmacdonald331081

That's what I mean though - the pages under Products all work OK even when you use the navigation, with that toggle set to true.

If you go back to the site and click on View Full Product List, it all works as it should.

I've attached that page - although its working OK, so this is only really out of interest now.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the navigation on the product pages does not pass the sort URL variable.

the navigation for the users pages does.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...