close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Display search results in Table - Repeat Region & Repeat Selection

Thread began 8/13/2009 12:26 pm by mywebassist220499 | Last modified 8/21/2009 6:07 pm by mywebassist220499 | 6001 views | 20 replies |

mywebassist220499

Display search results in Table - Repeat Region & Repeat Selection

I've used the DA search wizard to construct a search. I want to show 20 records per page in a table with 4 columns and 5 rows on the results page.

What is the proper sequence for apply the Repeat Region and the Repeat Selection server behaviors and to what elements should they be applied?

Which is applied first and to what element? The record results, the td or the tr.
What element is the 2nd applied to?

Thanks,
David

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Use the Repeating Table Server behavior, it will apply the repeat region and repeat selection tools in the correct order for.

Once you have applied the Repeating Table behavior, it will one table cell to the page, you will need to configure inside that cell how the data should be displayed.

mywebassist220499

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Use the Repeating Table Server behavior, it will apply the repeat region and repeat selection tools in the correct order for.

Once you have applied the Repeating Table behavior, it will one table cell to the page, you will need to configure inside that cell how the data should be displayed.  

Hello Jason and thanks for replying.

I want to make sure that I am following you correctly:

1. Add the Repeating Table Server behvior to the page, specifying the columns and rows.

2. Place inside of the one cell, the information that is to be displayed for each record, just the information, not any other "repeat" behaviors.

??

Thanks,
David

mywebassist220499

No, what I described does not work:

From the WA toolbar click the Data Assist Repeating Table behavior.

Specify the recordset.
Specify the Rows (5) and Columns (4)
Leave Alternative content: set to <td>&nbsp;</td>
Click OK

Paste the desired recordset data row(s), for example:
<?php echo $row_rsImg['imgNum']; ?>
into the first (left) cell.

This only shows one <tr> of 4 records from the 38 found records.

What am I missing?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Sounds like it was done correctly, please compress a copy of your file in a zip archive and attach it tto your eplay so I can take a look at the code.

mywebassist220499

Ray,
Is posting code in the public forums now the only way to have Web Assist Tech Support take a look at it?

mywebassist220499

Asking again. Is there an option for uploading code for Web Assist Tech Support to look at without posting it in a public forum?

mywebassist220499

I'm requesting a support incident on this.

Would you please open a support incident on this and I need to get it resolved and do not wish to post my pages in a public forum. Last response from WA on this was on 8/14

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I apologize for the delay, I have been a little backed up.

I have created a ticket for this matter, please update the ticket by logging into your support history at:
supporthistory.php

mywebassist220499

Hi Jason,

Suggest more fruits & vegies. :-)

I will assemble the files and post the the ticket.

Thanks

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...