close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

I transfered to a new computer and when I go to edit a custom form, I get the error: "The custom.xml group is no longer available as it was likely deleted or renamed"

Thread began 4/13/2013 5:01 pm by npizzola365988 | Last modified 5/24/2013 7:36 am by SPT | 1628 views | 8 replies |

npizzola365988

I transfered to a new computer and when I go to edit a custom form, I get the error: "The custom.xml group is no longer available as it was likely deleted or renamed"

I have rebooted (of course), had to reactivate DataBridge. I searched and found the xml file it's looking for, right in the website under ..\webassist\forms. Do I need to change a file location somewhere?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the webassist/forms folder should be at the root of the Dreamweaver site.

npizzola365988

Jason - thank you for the reply. I have confirmed that the directory "webassist/forms" is at the root of the Dreamweaver site, but I'm still getting the error.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Go back to the old computer and look in that folder, you will notice that there are a few XML files that where created when the form was created.

the error is saying that those XML Files don't exist on the new computer. Those XML Files contain the information about the settings used in form builder, and are needed to be able to edit the form.

npizzola365988

The files are there, I can see them. The XML file is named: fc_simpleplus_simpleplus.xml. I have attached it for you to look at. The old PC is dead, but I have an image of it and was able to see that the directory structure and files were exactly the same.

I have created a new form and it goes to the same directory that we have been talking about. The other files are there, just not working. One other symptom I forgot to mention -- I get an error about a JavaScript Error based on a var Security_Anser_Spry .... " I've attached a screen shot of the error as well as a zip of the forms directory.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

This happens only when editing a custom form? Did you save the form contents as a preset?

I think the problem is that the form contents preset doesn't exist any more.

presets are stored in the users configuration folder under configuration/shared/<product>

form content themes are stored under configuration/shared/FormBuilder/FormDefinitions/ContentStructures

The Javascript message, just means that there is code to initialize a spry element that no longer exists. that spry initialization line can be deleted from the page.

npizzola365988

BINGO! That was it! Thank you for all of your help, once again.

By the way, Yes it was saved as a preset.

SPT

I am curious to the complete path since I am under a similar condition.

I am looking at the image of my old (and new) setups.

Example: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS6\configuration\Shared

I do not see a FormBuilder folder?

SPT

Here is the path for others:
C:\Users\Jacks\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS6\en_US\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\FormBuilder\FormDefinitions\definitions

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...