close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Can't Install .dll file in use error

Thread began 8/07/2009 1:06 pm by emitage-paypal319741 | Last modified 8/07/2009 5:04 pm by emitage-paypal319741 | 2544 views | 2 replies |

emitage-paypal319741

Can't Install .dll file in use error

Just purchased CSS Sculptor 2 and CSS Menu Writer 2. I cannot install the xtensions and receive the following errors:

FOR CSS SCULPTOR:
The file c:\Users\Jesse\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\configuration\JSExtensions\WACSSSculptor.dll is being used by Dreamweavr CS4. Please close Dreamweaver CS4 and try again.

FOR CSS MENU WRITER:
The file c:\Users\Jesse\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\configuration\JSExtensions\WACSSMenuwroter.dll is being used by Dreamweavr CS4. Please close Dreamweaver CS4 and try again.

I am using:
Windows Vista 64 bit
Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 version 10.0 Build 4117
Adobe Extension Manager CS4 version 2.0.274

The DreamWeaver installtion is a fresh install, with no prior extensions installed.

A check of the file path noted in the error shows there is no JSExtensions folder, only Extensions. I also noticed the error is referencing "configuration", but the actual folder is "Configuration".

I attempted to delete the Configuration folder and re-install the extension as indicated in a prior post in this forum. I still receive the same messages.

Please advise I need to get these installed ASAP to wrap a project today. Thanks.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Are you sure you are looking in the location:
c:\Users\Jesse\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\

and not another user folder or version of Dreamweaver configuration folder?

If have renamed the configuration folder and you still get the same error, it suggests that the one you renamed was not the one at:
c:\Users\Jesse\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS4\en_US\

Do you also have Dreamweaver CS3 installed? make sure you are not renamiong the CS3 configuration folder by mistake.

emitage-paypal319741

Problem may be resolved

I was able to install by running the installs under safemode. I have not used the extensions yet, but they appear to be correctly installed. I will post back in if any problems persist.

To answer the questions, yes i accessed the correct folder its the only user on the pc. The CS4 is the only product version that has been installed and on a clean copy of vista (I recently redid the station a few months back). There are no conflicting installations of adobe products. (Clean vista and adobe creative suite installs).

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...