close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Orders are not being sent to Database

Thread began 10/02/2012 4:28 pm by reiter303441179 | Last modified 10/04/2012 11:07 am by reiter303441179 | 1872 views | 7 replies |

reiter303441179

Orders are not being sent to Database

I'm using the supplied database with modifications from WebAssist but have not modified the orders tables and orders are not being sent to the database. I saw a thread mention that there was a thread explaining this problem but have not been able to locate it. Attached is the code for the confirm page.

Attached Files
confirm.php.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in future, please don't post a PDF version of the page, compress the original PHP page to a zip archive to attach it to your post.

For the problem, try changing the trigger for the store order summary and details behaviors from Current Page Submit to Button: Submit_order pressed

reiter303441179

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  For the problem, try changing the trigger for the store order summary and details behaviors from Current Page Submit to Button: Submit_order pressed  

Jason that didn't work but could this be part of the problem?

"Warning: require_once(/public_html/pear/Log/mail.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/barrelr2/public_html/webassist/email/PEAR_Mail_using_SMTP_php.php on line 113

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/public_html/pear/Log/mail.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home1/barrelr2/public_html/webassist/email/PEAR_Mail_using_SMTP_php.php on line 113"

Could it be due to an error on the emailing receipt which causes it to not send the receipt nor the info to the database due to the database inclusion is after the emailing? However, the credit card is being processed.

So, to sum it up I guess I have two problems; the database one and an emailing one.

Attached is a zip of the confirm page

Attached Files
confirm.php.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

yeah, the error on sending the email is preventing the order from being stored in the database.

the error means that the Path to pear that you are using in the Universal Email settings is not correct.

contact your host for help in finding the correct path to pear.

reiter303441179

Jason, it's still not working I'm still getting the same error as above but it ends with Mail.php. Why is it looking in the "/home1/barrelr2/public_html/webassist/email/PEAR_Mail_using_SMTP_php.php" in reference to the fatal error. Is there something else wrong in my code?

Here is the newest error:
"Warning: require_once(/home1/barrelr2/phpMail.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/barrelr2/public_html/webassist/email/PEAR_Mail_using_SMTP_php.php on line 113

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home1/barrelr2/phpMail.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php:/usr/share/pear') in /home1/barrelr2/public_html/webassist/email/PEAR_Mail_using_SMTP_php.php on line 113"

I've check and the Mail.php is in this php folder

reiter303441179

If the path is set to /home1/barrelr2/php you get the above error, if the path is changed to /home1/barrelr2/php/ the confirm page continues to load for a while then finally goes to the success page but never emails the receipt. Could the email not be sending due to being in testing mode?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, it's not that it is in test mode, it is that the SMTP Server is not relaying the email message.

double check that you have entered the correct SMTP server address, and that you have entered the correct username and password to access it.

double check the From Email address to make sure that you have entered a valid email address for your domain.

make sure that your test orders do not use the same email address as used for the From address, most SMTP Server will refuse to relay emails where the from and to addresses are the same.

if you continue to have a problem. add the following code to the success page before the </body> tag:

php:
<pre><?php @session_start(); var_dump($_SESSION); ?></pre>

this will output the contents of the session to the page, and will include a email sent success or failure if the email was sent to the SMTP server successfully, you will need to contact the host to look into the SMTP server error logs to determine why the email is not being relayed.

reiter303441179

Thanks Jason, I'll get on that and see what I find.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...