close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem with update page and array data

Thread began 8/17/2012 12:22 pm by 2stevem189256 | Last modified 9/10/2012 12:21 pm by Jason Byrnes | 2556 views | 11 replies |

2stevem189256

Problem with update page and array data

Hi,
I'm stumped as to why my results page shows the correct results from various database fields, including 4 array fields. When I click the update record button, the code shows the items selected with checkmarks as intended. But when I make changes to that page then update it, all goes down the tubes: The results end of being displayed in the first field and nowhere else. I've attached the files involved. I don't get what's going on. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Steve
San Diego

Attached Files
my.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the code looks OK, can you send your Data Base Schema so i can recreate the database on my end to test the pages and troubleshoot.

2stevem189256

follow up

Hi Jason,
Did you find anything amiss in my code? Thanks for any help.
Steve

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see my reply in message 2 of this thread:

the code looks OK, can you send your Data Base Schema so i can recreate the database on my end to test the pages and troubleshoot.  

2stevem189256

SQL schema

Jason,
I thought I uploaded the sql file; guess it didn't work. Here it is...
Thanks.
SM

Attached Files
docs.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is just the insert statement, I need to be able to recreate the table structure too, i need the create statement included i the export

2stevem189256

Jason,
Here's the dump file. As you can see, I'm not using separate tables for document names, for which there can be duplicates. I don't fully understand using separate tables yet.
Thanks.
Steve

Attached Files
docs-webassist.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the update record behavior, the bindings are not correct.

for example, the app column is bound to the obsolete form element. the obsolete column is bound to the restricted form element. the restricted column is bound to the release_no form element, etc, the bindings are all off, so each column is getting incorrect data on update.

you will need to edit the update record behavior and reselect the bindings for each column to bind to the correct form element.

2stevem189256

Thanks, but I don't see where in the code you found those binding errors. On the Update.php page?

S

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

not in the code, in the update record server behavior on the update page.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...