close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Databridge and DW Templates?? Missing!

Thread began 8/14/2012 6:08 am by designweb | Last modified 8/15/2012 2:54 pm by designweb | 2499 views | 9 replies |

designweb

Databridge and DW Templates?? Missing!

Hi,

I have upgraded to Databridge and I have started using it to create back-end crud pages as I would before with Dataassist 2, It seems like the option for choosing a DW template is missing.
I would like to have a template that has css menu writer in so I can have a common nav for the CMS that can be updated in one place without having to apply code to each page manually.
Am I missing something here or has this functionality been removed for good?
If so why? I really liked that feature.

Thanks

Sign in to reply to this post

CraigRBeta Tester

see this thread.

showthread.php?t=26215

I had the same question, and it prompted me to use framework builder, - glad I made the switch

designweb

Thanks for your reply, so glad they have kept this functionality. I read the thread you suggested, but there is no documentation or tutorial on how to apply a new theme to database pages I create.
I want to apply my theme to insert, update, delete and results.
Do you know any other good links that offer detailed information on how to do this?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the design extender support page, look in the Videos tab for the "How to convert your site from DWT-dependent to theme-based" video tutorial on using themes for your site:
design-extender/

designweb

Thanks Jason, I figured out how to convert one of my themes, the only thing I don't understand is how to apply that theme to Data Assist pages as the theme I created did not show up in the list in Data Assist.

Do I apply it to the pages afterwards? Or do I need to move my theme into another area for it to show up in the list?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you apply the theme after the pages are created.

the tutorial i linked to will give you directions on applying the theme to your pages.

designweb

Great stuff, I will check that out now :) Thanks

designweb

Ok I watched the tutorial, but hat was based on pages that already have DW template applied.
I have managed to convert a page, but Is this the correct procedure:

1. Create pages using data assist in data bridge
2. Attach dreamweaver templates to all data assist pages
3. Then convert DWT to a theme using framework builder

Or do you:

1. Create pages using data assist in data bridge
2. Then convert DWT to a theme using framework builder
3. Then using framework builder apply the theme to all pages

Either way it seems very long winded compared to the old data assist 2 way.
In data assist 2 you could attach the template to all pages and it was created on the fly.

Or am I doing it wrong completely?

Sorry for posting again but the tutorial was a little confusing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

either way will achieve the same result.

I personally prefer to convert the template to a theme, then apply the theme to each of the pages

Yes, it is a little more work than being able to select the template in the wizard. But the reasons for making the change are discussed in post 2 of the thread CraigR linked to initially:
showpost.php?p=126128&postcount=2

also using themes can offer added functionality. If you where to use dynamic themes for example, you could allow you admins to select from a list a themes and use the one that they like best.

designweb

Argh ok I get it now. It would be good in the future if we could have a way to attach templates or themes to multiple pages at once.

I must say though Jason I am really enjoying the new Data Bridge and Design Extender.
I have not encountered any bugs and it seems so much more stable.

Thanks for your quick replies :)

Kind regards

Danny

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...