close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

How to add Navbar to left column on homepage

Thread began 8/03/2009 5:23 pm by jc88383884 | Last modified 8/28/2009 2:51 pm by Eric Mittman | 3829 views | 5 replies |

jc88383884

Hi Guys: A quick question. I designed my site using siteassist and opted for marketing design with a horizontal navbar. I wanted to alter my homepage to add a vertical navbar to the left column. Can I use CSS sculptor to do this and if, so, can you tell me how to go about it? Many thanks. JC

Sign in to reply to this post

Eric Mittman

You will probably not be able to do this with CSS Sculptor alone. You can use the presets that are included with SiteAssist pro that include the CSS Sculptor presets for this design.

Using these presets you can add this new nav area to the preset or create a new one based on this original.

Once you have saved the CSS Sculptor preset you can use this to generate a new SiteAssist Pro layout. You can then use this new layout in the SiteAssist Pro wizard to modify the existing site or create another.

We have a guide on how to do this in the SiteAssist Pro support page:
siteassist/

In the How To's there is a document for customizing your SiteAssist Pro layout.

tolushayoo193471

using siteassist professional to create 8 navigations

Hi, Please After using siteassist professional, I have 8 navigation, and after puplishing it, the navigators doesnt align straight few of the button was dropped. Please how can I re-adjust it. I've attached the print screen or you can also preview it life here
TP3/

thank you

Eric Mittman

The reason your navigation is going to another line is because of the number of links and the width of them. The total width of the navigation is the number of links times the width specified. So for example if you had five links and the width was 100px the menu would be 500px plus any padding or margin. There are two ways that you can adjust this.

The first way would be to modify the site in the SiteAssist wizard and adjust the top level nav links on step 3, if you reduce the number of links you can get it to fit.

The other way would be to adjust the width in the css for the menu, I experimented and found that 81px width seemed to get the elements on the same line, here is the css that I changed:

menu.css (line 53)
ul#cssmw_home > li > span > a {
background-image:url(../cssmw_home_images/center.jpg);
background-repeat:repeat-x;
color:#FFFFFF;
display:block;
font-family:Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;
font-size:10px;
font-style:normal;
font-weight:bold;
margin:0 8px;
padding:5px;
text-align:center;
text-decoration:none;
text-transform:uppercase;
width:81px; /*this is the width that I changed*/
}

tolushayoo193471

Thanks, it gives me a liitle bit of idea, I had to resize the div outer wrapper, resize the image width to around 1025px before it looks fine. thank you for your help. God bless

Eric Mittman

Getting all the parts of a layout to match up just rite can be a difficult task, I'm glad to hear that you got it going alright.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...