close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Payment Options

Thread began 8/02/2009 7:05 am by kathy369922 | Last modified 8/07/2009 9:11 am by Jason Byrnes | 5933 views | 11 replies |

kathy369922

Payment Options

I want to only offer paypal at this time for payment. How do I take the credit card info off and leave Paypal on?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power store is compatible with PayPal Payments Pro.

You will not be able to use PayPal Payments Standard with Power Store without losing the Inventory Control, Order History and Email Receipt functionality.

kathy369922

So you are telling me I have to sign up for a Paypal pro which is $30.00 a month or use a credit card gateway in order to use this store? What credit card gateways are compatable with this store??

Can we have the end user fill out the credit card info and have it sent to us instead? We have a credit card company, but we have the end user submit their credit card info on our secured website for gift cards and I have to log in to retrieve the credit card information and then I process it. Can we use the store in the same way instead of going through PayPal or a credit card gateway??

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Power store is Compatible with PayPal Payments Pro and Authorize.net AIM services.

Power Store will not send or store Credit Card information. Doing so would pose a severe security risk.

Credit card information should never be sent through an email. Storing the credit card in the database is also a bad practice, unless your site and Database have passed PCI (Payment Card Industry) Compliance testing.

muddysmurf

paypal pro

ok, I'm actually thinking about buying powerstore, but I had a question about the whole paypal payment pro for the store. I know you can use the authorize.net to do credit cards, but all I want to do is offer paypal pro. Can I just take off the credit card information boxes that are stored under the paypal button at the top (thinking of the demo) and then just leave the button to process payments through my website using paypal pro? Would everything still work if I pull the authorize.net information off? I can't afford the extra payment right now to use it.

I know I'll have to get an SSL certificate and dedicated ip, since pro processes payments through my website/web host, correct?

I don't have that much money to spend on an expensive SSL Cert. How is RapidSSL? The $69.00 one they have, with a renew of $45 after that year is up? It's a small business, so I don't need something that's going to warranty $100,000 like I've seen on some certificates. Then get my host to install it for $29.95 and $14.95 to generate the CSR. Which amounts to $118.90. Would it be possible for myself to install the SSL Certificate without having to pay my host the $ to install?

OR go ahead and buy a SSL Certificate from my host (Lunarpages) for the same warranty, encryption etc, for $99 (includes installation) but I have to renew for $99 after the first year. My host does not list what type/brand the SSL Certificate is.

Apparently, I'm trying to do it the cheapest way, but I want a decent SSL Certificate, if I'm going to be processing info on my site.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

PayPal payments Pro can do the Credit card processing. You should not remove the credit card information from the checkout page.

You don't need to use Authorize.net to accept credit card Payments.

Your host, Lunarpages pages offers a Business account that includes an SSL certificate:
business-hosting/

Instant SSL Certificate Included (a $99 value) – Available Upon Request

That should be sufficient for power store.

bean.fairbanks294189

Additional credit card gateways

All of my customers use different credit card gateways. I am assuming since this is a developer license that I can code my own gateways for their specific merchant credit card accounts. Is this true?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Yes, you can replace the PayPal code with code you create to process the transaction through the gateway of your choice.

kathy369922

Originally Said By: Jason Byrnes
  Yes, you can replace the PayPal code with code you create to process the transaction through the gateway of your choice.  

What needs to be changed? Can I just replace the paypal link to a credit card company we use and get the API from them?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

On the confirm page, there is a block of code that processes the transaction through paypal. it is around line 789 - 940.

if you are comfortable writing PHP code, you could replace this with code to process through another Payment gateways API.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...