close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

Payment Options

Thread began 8/02/2009 7:05 am by kathy369922 | Last modified 8/07/2009 9:11 am by kathy369922 | 5873 views | 11 replies

muddysmurf

paypal pro

ok, I'm actually thinking about buying powerstore, but I had a question about the whole paypal payment pro for the store. I know you can use the authorize.net to do credit cards, but all I want to do is offer paypal pro. Can I just take off the credit card information boxes that are stored under the paypal button at the top (thinking of the demo) and then just leave the button to process payments through my website using paypal pro? Would everything still work if I pull the authorize.net information off? I can't afford the extra payment right now to use it.

I know I'll have to get an SSL certificate and dedicated ip, since pro processes payments through my website/web host, correct?

I don't have that much money to spend on an expensive SSL Cert. How is RapidSSL? The $69.00 one they have, with a renew of $45 after that year is up? It's a small business, so I don't need something that's going to warranty $100,000 like I've seen on some certificates. Then get my host to install it for $29.95 and $14.95 to generate the CSR. Which amounts to $118.90. Would it be possible for myself to install the SSL Certificate without having to pay my host the $ to install?

OR go ahead and buy a SSL Certificate from my host (Lunarpages) for the same warranty, encryption etc, for $99 (includes installation) but I have to renew for $99 after the first year. My host does not list what type/brand the SSL Certificate is.

Apparently, I'm trying to do it the cheapest way, but I want a decent SSL Certificate, if I'm going to be processing info on my site.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...