close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Error when trying to generate a Results page

Thread began 5/29/2012 2:59 am by neo314 | Last modified 6/11/2012 1:33 pm by Patrice | 3095 views | 14 replies |

neo314

Error when trying to generate a Results page

When I use the WADB Pages wizard to create a custom preset group of pages, I am getting all of the pages except the results page. The wizard hangs up with a half built pages on the wrong theme and then produces this error:

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

neo314

Thanks. I do have a results page from the previous design extended version, so this is since the last update.

esmond192961

Data Bridge unable to create data assist pages

Hi there
I am having similar nightmare problems using data bridge to create admin pages in osx with Dreamweaver CS6. Having followed all advice regarding installing DataBridge, Ecart5 and Design Extender, (installed 3 times now after a clean install of the latest OSX and Creative suite 6) but Data Bridge still can't create admin pages.

When trying to create pages with the wizzard, firstly, when trying to add pages, the add elements only works spasmodically and often crashes or goes into a loop saying there is an error. When clicking OK, the error message repeatedly reappears and the only way out is to force quit dreamweaver.
When I do manage to get the pages needed included, the wizzard creates 2 pages then halts part way through the third with a javascript error.
..............................................................................................
While executing timer in WA_SiteTools_ProgressV2.htm, thefollowing Javascript error(s) occurred:
At line 396 of file 'Mac......Configuration:Floarters:WA_SiteTools_ProgressV2.js":wa_getConfigurationPath is not defined
(screen grab attached)
.............................................................................................
In desperation, I have tried to use another mac still running CS5.5, but am having similar problems.

There are also similar problems with Framework Builder in CS6, but this does work OK in CS5.5
I have noticed on the Forum that others are having similar problems with DataBridge and that Webassist are working on a fix.

What can I do to get around the problem until Webassist can get these 3 applications udated to be compatable with CS6

neo314

I have applied the fix I got through the tech support case, but I have not had time to test it yet.

Go to wherever your \Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\DataAssist folder is and open the file PageGeneration.js.

On line 375 you find wa_getConfigurationPath. It should be WA_getConfigurationPath (WA in caps).

See if that helps. It is a bug.

kristina429176

Having Same Issue

I am having the exact same error except I am on a PC and I am still using CS5.5. Please tell me where to go to change the file code so it will work.

neo314

What version of Windows? On Vista/Win7 it would be something be something like

C:\users\[user name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver CS5.5\en_US\Configuration\Shared\WebAssist\DataAssist

P.S. there is no space in DataAssist, but it keeps showing up in the post. I do not know why.

kristina429176

I understand the path to the Data assist folder, but I have several files in the data assist folder. Which file inside the DataAssist folder does the correction need to be made to?

neo314

Originally Said By: kristina429176
  I understand the path to the Data assist folder, but I have several files in the data assist folder. Which file inside the DataAssist folder does the correction need to be made to?  

Whoops. Sorry. I thought I included the file name in the post. I edited the reply, so don't kick yourself. It was not there before.

The file to edit is PageGeneration.js

kristina429176

Thanks for the file. I changed the path and then reran the wizard and it still gets stuck on the page creating the results page with the same error. Any ideas.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...