close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problem with security assist and a PCMS Builder template

Thread began 2/10/2012 4:54 pm by mrs | Last modified 2/13/2012 12:55 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3772 views | 6 replies |

mrs

Problem with security assist and a PCMS Builder template

Hi, I have responded to a ticket, but I haven't heard back yet. My problem is that I have created a new template from the admin template created by PCMS Builder - I've simply changed one of the divs to be full page width - but even though nothing else has changed, when I test the pages created, page access just doesn't work. The pages just fail to load.

I am at my wits end now as I just don't know what else to do other than start from scratch without PCMS Builder... that'll take me days, if not weeks!

I'd like to use DataAssist if I can't use PCMS Bulder, but unfortunately, that's not working either!

Sign in to reply to this post

mrs

I have just tried DataAssist with the PCMS Builder admin template, and as usual the results page now has errors...

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in /Users/matthewstuart/Sites/bearmach/admin_cms/news.php on line 49

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in /Users/matthewstuart/Sites/bearmach/admin_cms/news.php on line 52

This is lines 49 to 53:

mysql_select_db($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection);
$query_WADAtbl_news = "SELECT fld_id, fld_headline, fld_keyarticle, fld_intro, fld_show FROM tbl_news ORDER BY fld_date DESC";
$query_limit_WADAtbl_news = sprintf("%s LIMIT %d, %d", $query_WADAtbl_news, $startRow_WADAtbl_news, $maxRows_WADAtbl_news);
$WADAtbl_news = mysql_query($query_limit_WADAtbl_news, $PowerCMSConnection) or die(mysql_error());
$row_WADAtbl_news = mysql_fetch_assoc($WADAtbl_news);

I've gone through the same process for three days now and I am getting nowhere, so please help!

mrs

This is what I get when I test the insert page:

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in /Users/matthewstuart/Sites/bearmach/admin_cms/tbl_news_Insert.php on line 25

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in /Users/matthewstuart/Sites/bearmach/admin_cms/tbl_news_Insert.php on line 29

and this is line 25 to 29:

mysql_select_db($WA_connectionDB, $WA_connection);
if (!session_id()) session_start();
$insertParamsObj = WA_AB_generateInsertParams($WA_fieldNames, $WA_columns, $WA_fieldValues, -1);
$WA_Sql = "INSERT INTO `" . $WA_table . "` (" . $insertParamsObj->WA_tableValues . ") VALUES (" . $insertParamsObj->WA_dbValues . ")";
$MM_editCmd = mysql_query($WA_Sql, $WA_connection) or die(mysql_error());

mrs

This is what I get when I test the update page (I have to manually type the address and the URL parameter to get at this error because the results page isn't working):

Warning: mysql_select_db() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in /Users/matthewstuart/Sites/bearmach/admin_cms/tbl_news_Update.php on line 43

Warning: mysql_query() expects parameter 2 to be resource, null given in /Users/matthewstuart/Sites/bearmach/admin_cms/tbl_news_Update.php on line 45

Lines 43 to 47 are:

mysql_select_db($database_PowerCMSConnection, $PowerCMSConnection);
$query_WADAtbl_news = sprintf("SELECT fld_id, fld_headline, fld_intro, fld_body, fld_keyarticle, fld_show FROM tbl_news WHERE fld_id = %s", GetSQLValueString($Paramfld_id_WADAtbl_news, "int"));
$WADAtbl_news = mysql_query($query_WADAtbl_news, $PowerCMSConnection) or die(mysql_error());
$row_WADAtbl_news = mysql_fetch_assoc($WADAtbl_news);
$totalRows_WADAtbl_news = mysql_num_rows($WADAtbl_news);?>

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please compress each of these file into a zip archive and attach the zip archive so i can see the full page code in context, the snippets are not quite enough for troubleshooting the error.

mrs

OK, so I have rebuilt the pages I needed to build with DataAssist and it is working to a degree. I have used the same template (unedited) that the PowerCMS Builder uses to ensure that I am not getting any security assist issues in displaying protected pages.

The problems I was having with MySQL was that the include files such as DB connections were being placed after recordsets just before the head of the html. This meant the the recordset was trying to call info from a database before it knew where to look for the database. Simply moving all connections files to the top of the code has stopped MySQL errors, but I still have some issues.

My problems now are as follows:

1. Pages created by DataAssist are not redirecting on insert or update to the correct place when it is test locally. The URL is changing from:
etc
to this
etc
or
etc

It's sort of creating the path twice or changing the path from a webserver address to a disk directory address, however, this isn't an issue on the live server! It works fine there.

2. The admin_cms style sheets on my local computer are displaying correctly, but on the remote server, the style sheets are broken, it's as though I have disabled styles in my browser. This means I can't edit anything that is on the home page of the admin section. This is the third time I have uploaded the site now, so it can't be missing a style surely... can it?

What do you want me to do? Do you want me to zip the whole site up for you?

Thanks.

Mat

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

MarkNewsom

Opening Tickets

I really hate trying to find solutions to my problems here on the free forum and then find at the bottom of a thread where a Webassist employee says they are going to open a ticket and then it drops off after that unless you are the person the ticket was opened for. Can we begin a new practice where we try to keep things out in the open so we all can see the contents of the solutions that might have been discussed in the ticket to that one user?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

are you having a similar problem? if you post the details of the problem you are facing, I will be happy to look into it with you.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...