close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Line break in spry tooltips?

Thread began 1/02/2012 1:13 pm by steelace396915 | Last modified 1/07/2012 1:46 am by steelace396915 | 8300 views | 7 replies |

steelace396915

Line break in spry tooltips?

Hi

Just bought this extension and it looks very useful though I can't figure out one thing!

How do you insert a line break in a tooltip with a long text messege?

Also I can't get it to work in IE 8 at all? In fact no Spry validation works in IE 8?

/Martin J.

Sign in to reply to this post

steelace396915

I solved this issue partly by placing the error spry text messege within a div tag inside the span tag like:

Exempel:
<span class="textfieldMinCharsMsg"><div id="tooltip">Your registered emailaddress contains <br> at least 5 characters.</div></span>

This works and the textmessege break to new line at the <br> tag.

The problem is that a space appears between the tooltip and the formfield which it is attached to. Ive tried setting margin and padding to zero on the div tag containing the messege but it does not work? Anybody knows how to fix this?

I still have not solved the issue with spry validation messeges not appearing at all in Ineternet Explorer 8 (Only tried it with version 8). Can't understand what is wrong? Checked this on 3 different systems and its the same problem on all with IE8?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please post a url where i can see the issue.

steelace396915

Jason, Ive enclosed the page where Ive added Spry tooltip to the formfields. This page was created with SecurityAssist wizard. Its not by any means ready yet though. Im still building my site and my root folder is yet password protected. Hope you will be able to see what's wrong by looking at my login page. The spry validation and tooltips work in all browsers Ive tested except that IE "thing".

/Martin J

Attached Files
student_login.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i dont see any issues with the code, i will need to see the page in the browser to troubleshot browser specific issues.

steelace396915

Ok Jason I understand you must see the page! Can I email you the url and enclose a login id and password. I don't want to display the address open here on the forum since its still a site in the works!

/Martin J.

Enclosed an image how the page looks with the tooltip appearing. I have placed the longer tooltip text messeges inside a div tag that is placed inside the span tag and then put a <br> tag where a want the text to break to new line. It works but then a gap appears between the tooltip arrow and the formfield. Tried to set margins to zero but no luck.

Attached Files
screen_image.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue, please append to this thread.

steelace396915

Solved

Thanks Jason and Ray for help with my issue in this thread!

Solution: Change white-space from nowarp to normal in validation_tooltips.ss file (.WA_SpryValidationTooltip_errorWrapper rule) made the error messege text wrap in the tooltip. No need to put messges inside div tags inside the span tags as I tried first.

Regards,
Martin J.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...