close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

User Email Form

Thread began 11/21/2011 9:55 pm by salaroche | Last modified 1/25/2012 1:42 am by h150477 | 2624 views | 13 replies |

cherry8723424721

User Email Form

Hi:

I have WA's Universal Email Extension installed in my DW CS5. Can UE help me make a form containing email fields that users can use to send emails to other users and to me?

Thank you for your attention

Sign in to reply to this post

Dani Chankhour

Universal Email only sends email.

To create the Form you will need to purchase CSS Form Builder which also contains UE to help you build Contact Form which is one of the presets in CSS Form Builder.

cherry8723424721

OK. Thanks.

h150477

That seems a bit of a cheat

It should not be necessary for users of UE4 to purchase another product in order to code a form with which to use it. This is not mentioned as a pre-requisite in the sales documentation for UE4.

I find it surprising that the documentation provided with UE4 is missing large chunks of information that should be there for people to be able to use it.

I have used Web Assist products since 2004, and only now am I finding this mean attitude appearing.

It goes "Buy this product - its does this and this and this" - but when you do, you find that the paperwork is so designed that you have not much chance of using it without buying additional items or €50 a time support.

Why was it not pointed out before purchase that you cannot design a form to use with it unless you bought a WA forms designer? It did say that the form designer would help, but did not say bluntly as it does in the post above "You must buy ...."

Howard Walker

Ian S

"It should not be necessary for users of UE4 to purchase another product in order to code a form with which to use it. This is not mentioned as a pre-requisite in the sales documentation for UE4. "

Correct, which is why it is "not" necessary. Dreamweaver is perfectly capable of creating forms very easily without any additional extensions. UE aids with the more difficult task (for people who don't code) of creating the code to send the email using the contents of a form or recordset, doing exactly what it says on the tin (or the sales page in this case).

Cheers
Ian

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Like Ian Says, you can use Dreamweaver to create your form.

Go to Insert -> Form for all of the DW Access points for creating a form.

the initial poster was asking if UE was capable of creating the form, the only Extension that we offer that is capable of creating a form is CSS Form Builder.

you can either create the form manually using the options available from the Insert -> Form menu or use CSS Form Builder to create the form for you.

h150477

Misread the post - sorry

Quote "the initial poster was asking if UE was capable of creating the form"

Having said that, I have tried the system with all details correctly filled in as far as I can see, and submitting the form does nothing. No error messages, no goto success page.
I allocated variables to the fields that looked likely. The form was not tested on line, but even so, it should generate some sort of output, even if it is only an error message.
It does create a lot of items in the bindings panel, but they never get any printable values.
The default form action is to submit to itself if no action is specified. This does happen, as it did generate error messages (now fixed by deleting the BOM) but then zilch.
Is this to be expected when tested in a browser on a local system?
I will upload it to another site and try it out there and see.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

In the Universal Email behavior, what did you use for the trigger?

Send a copy of the page in a zip archive so I can examine the code please.

h150477

Trigger and zip

This post has been deleted.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the form tag is not complete:
<form class="wide1200">

this should have an ID, action and method:
<form action="" method="post" class="wide1200" id="form1">

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...