close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Help on eCart.

Thread began 11/05/2011 7:40 am by Kumel | Last modified 11/10/2011 11:22 am by Kumel | 2647 views | 20 replies |

Kumel

Help on eCart.

I have become successful in Adding Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update Pages. Now i added products, images, price & etc in the database.. Im facing few problems in eCart..
i.e how do we link the product in DB to ecart ..
Ex: Lets say i have a text field, in that text field user types the productName & i want that product details to appear & that product must be added to the cart.. So please tell me how do we do that..?
btw there is going to be only one Ecart button ok. so depending upon text entered in field, it must filter the productName in DB & must view detail about the product with image & then must be added to cart..

I tried but i think i have gone wrong somewhere.. i added productsname, price etc in DB but then how to link with Ecart..?

I have attached a image hope from that you will be able to understand better..

Sign in to reply to this post

Kumel

Wooo..

I got to know how we do it.. Thanks to support in eCart . i went through this link & made it all..
ecart_multiple_atc.pdf

I did by reading - - - Setting*the*WA*Database*Search*statement

Now product is getting added to cart when i type proper ProductName but facing only 1 single problem.. i m getting error when i click add to cart

ERROR:
Notice: Undefined variable: ATC_itemQuantity

Another thing is when directly we click Add to cart button all items from recordset gets displayed in cart.. & if we type any other product name in text field i get error like the same as above.. So please help on that... :)

Kumel

and another thing i don't want Quantity column in cart.. So how do we remove that safely?

& i need a solution for even this-->
if we type any wrong or non-existing ProductName in text i want to display a Custom message like "Please Check the ProductName" .. Please help me on this..

Thank You

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you should be using data assist to create a search results and details page.

on the details page, add an add to cart button to add the product to the cart.

to remove the quantity from the add to cart button, set the Editable option to none, and hard code the quantity to 1.

Kumel

I didnt get you

Jason i didn't get you..
Can u explain me how exactly do make it proper..? I keep getting error in page where there is add to cart button...

Let me explain clearly once again..

1---> I have a page there is a ADDTOCART button & a text... User need to enter the productName in text & then must click ADDTOCART... So when they enter proper productName which is stored already in Product DB, it gets added to cart... But when they enter wrong productName all the products in product DB gets added to CART.. So this is the problem.. & sometimes when i type proper productName also in cart i get error like ERROR:
Notice: Undefined variable: ATC_itemQuantity c:/ . . .. in line *** etc etc

2---> i want to know how to display error message when wrong productName is entered.. please help..

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the way you are doing this is not correct.

dont add to cart based on the search.

instead, you should have a search page, a results page that shows the items returned by the search, the results page should have a link to the product details page to show details for that product.

use the data assist wizard to create the search results and details page.

then add an eCart add to cart button to the details page.

Kumel

wooooo

Thanks a lot jason.. you really helped me a lot... i m finally made it by only your help.. thanks a lot.. GOD BLESS YOU..

Kumel

what about when a empty search is done..? all products gets viewed from the DB... So is it possible to show error when search is empty...?

Kumel

should is use spry text field..? make it have a min value..?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

on the results page, edit the DataAssist search server behaior, set the default where clause to:
0 <> 0

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...