close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Monogramming

Thread began 7/12/2009 12:33 pm by JBWebWorks | Last modified 7/13/2009 4:28 pm by JBWebWorks | 2793 views | 9 replies |

JBWebWorks

Monogramming

I have a store with items populated by recordset and item option of color choice populated by a different recordset.
Items can be monogrammed and the options are font choice, thread color and initials or name to be filled in by the shopper. Monogramming is an additional charge of $5

I am not sure how to set this up.
either or?
1-database lookup of options just like the color choice (but then how to get the $5 charge to the cart)
2-set up monogramming as an item (but where the shopper can bind it to their item choice)

here is a sample page, but without any monogramming choice.
aprons.php

Sign in to reply to this post

JBWebWorks

I am able to get the monogramming options from the product page to the cart, but i am trying to add the $5 charge for each item that is added with monogramming options.
I have tried several variations under the charges tab of the eCart Object but without success?
any advice on how to do this?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

How are you adding them?

If you added a column called "Monogram" and it will be either blank or have a value if it has a monogram, then you can use a calculation like:

TruePrice = [Price] + (([Monogram]=="")0:5)

and Update:
TotalPrice = ([Price] + (([Monogram]=="")?0:5)) * [Quantity]

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

JBWebWorks

thanks Ray

entering that info with a column named fonts
i get this error when trying to view the product page in browser
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_LNUMBER in C:\vhosts\elitestitches\WA_eCart\elitestitches_PHP.php on line 10

the lines from elitestitches_PHP.php in question are
$itmObj->TotalWeight = $itmObj->Weight * $itmObj->Quantity;//w
$itmObj->TotalPrice = ($itmObj->Price + (($itmObj->fonts=="")0:5)) * $itmObj->Quantity ;//c
$itmObj->FullDetails = $itmObj->Quantity . ' ' . $itmObj->Name . ' (' . $itmObj->ID . ')';//t
$itmObj->TruePrice = $itmObj->Price + (($itmObj->fonts=="")0:5);//c

Ray BorduinWebAssist

I had a typo... should be a "?" before the 0:5... I updated my original example.

JBWebWorks

Great Ray

that works and adds the $5 charge only for the items added with monogramming and doesn't add the $5 if no monogramming is requested.
it shows the item price as say $38 and then the total $43.
I am wondering if i can denote Monogramming Charge $5 somewhere on the item on the cart for an item with monogramming requested?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could display [TruePrice] instead of price and just show the total price, or you could add a calculation:

MonoPrice = (([Monogram]=="")?0:5)

and display the MonoPrice column

JBWebWorks

thanks again Ray

if i could ask another question.
I have 3 unique columns, fonts, threadcolor and initials and the shopper requests the font and the thread color from a select list and fills in the initials in a text field all in the add to cart form. i have a <div> tag around the select lists and the text field.
I was wondering if in PHP can you write if/else to show these forms only if an item can be monogrammed?
I tried to use DW tag behaviors, but it would only work on the 1st item listed in the repeat region?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could write an IF statement in PHP... The div neither helps nor hurts in this process.

JBWebWorks

It worked.
wrote this before the <div>
<?php
if ($row_rs_itemcat['itemActive']=="Monogramming Available!"){ ?>

and this after
<?php } ?>

and any item with Monogramming Available! in the itemActive column shows the fonts,thread and initials form elements while any item with a blank in itemActive column shows nothing.

Ray,
thanks very much for your help

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...