close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Order Summary into database issue

Thread began 6/20/2011 10:32 am by eric284736 | Last modified 7/29/2011 11:21 am by Jason Byrnes | 2426 views | 9 replies |

eric284736

Order Summary into database issue

Hi Jason,

I had this issue before and I moved the site to a completely new server and the issue still shows up.

This is a local capture for the billing so everything is inserted into the database behind the SSL and the client processes manually. The process works most of the time but every few orders the email goes out and the order details get submitted into the database, but the summary does not get stored. The information does correctly show up on the email.

Does the order of the includes at the top of the page matter?
I assume the order of the triggers for the Universal Email and the summary/details into the database are correct because it was done with the checkout wizard.

Any idea of what the issue could be?

thanks,
Eric

Attached Files
confirmtest.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the Store order summary and store order details are using the same trigger, it does not make any sense that the summary would not be stored, but the details would. if that where to happen, the details would have an empty value for the DetailOrderID column, it sounds more likely that the new order is overwriting an existing order.

make sure to clear the session on the success page, this could cause a new order to over write an existing order.

add the following code on the success page after the </html> tag to clear the session:
<%
Session.Abandon
Session.Contents.RemoveAll()
%>

eric284736

Jason,

Thanks! I have this on the checkout success page:
<%
Session.Abandon()
%>

But will update it to what you have suggested. There are not multiple orders on one day though. It is more like 1 or 2 orders a week.

thanks,
Eric

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

when you see the problem occur, do the order details records have a blank detailorderid column?

It's very difficult to troubleshoot an issue that only occurs some of the time. if you can come up with steps to reproduce the error, I could start a ticket and we could troubleshoot the problem with you to find the cause, but we would need to be able to faithfully reproduce the issue.

eric284736

It has posted in the details table WITH the session ID correctly posting, but the Summary was not posted.

I may see a problem - I renamed the detailedorderid to OrderReferenceID in the details table which is also the same named column in the summary table. Could that be causing the issue??

The only way I catch the problem is because the email comes in with the order info and I have a backend to retrieve the info. So we will sometimes get the email go in the back and the order does not appear. I can look at the database directly and see the items they purchased in the details table, but nothing in the summary table.

thx
Eric

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

well, the session ID should not be used to relate the 2 tables.

you can store the Session in the order table, but it should not be used to create the relationship between the order and details.

the orders.OrderID and orderdetails.detailOrderID columns should be used to create the relationship between the 2.

in the store order summary behavior, set the ID column to the OrderID column of the orders table, this is a primary key column that should auto increment, so you dont need to bind this column to anything in the bindings section. Make note of the session name that will be created to hold the OrderID value in the session section.

in the Store Order Details behavior, the ID column should be set to the detailOrderID column of the orderdetails table. this should be bound to the session created by the Store order Summary behavior.

eric284736

Thanks Jason!

I will change that and see if that takes care of the issue.

thx
Eric

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you're welcome.

eric284736

Jason,

Still having the same problem. The order details get inserted to the database, but the order summary does not.

The customer just see the error Page cannot be displayed after they click the order submit button.

I cannot recreate the error myself - it works for me. But there is an issue because it has happened more than 10 times in the past 90 days.

I have moved the site to a new server, that did not work.
I have reviewed the checkout process - this is a manual setup where the credit card info is submitted to the database and the client runs the CC manually.

I am attaching the pages that make up the checkout process. Is there anything that you can see in these pages that would be an issue??

Not sure what to do.

thx
Eric

Attached Files
checkout.zip

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

i dont see anything wrong in the code.

it is extremely difficult (read impossible) to fix a problem that you cannot reproduce.

without being able to reproduce the problem, there is no evident troubleshooting path for us to take to find the cause of the problem.

If you can reproduce the problem, we can troubleshoot it to find the cause.

Just like bringing your car to the mechanic, if he cant hear the strange noise that prompted you to bring it in, he wont be able to find or fix the problem.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...