close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

attach file field

Thread began 6/13/2011 8:39 am by ryanrust414532 | Last modified 7/11/2011 8:54 am by Jason Byrnes | 5287 views | 37 replies |

ryanrust414532

attach file field

I am going through the steps but do not see an option for having a field that allows the user to browse and attach a file. I need to this about 6 times on my user registration page. Has anyone done this or does anyone know how I can do this? Even if I have to do something after going through the wizard to make it an attach file field then what type of filed do I make it initially while going through the wizard(i.e. text, text area, check button, etc...)?

Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide!!!:)

Sign in to reply to this post

tom92909Beta Tester

Ok, you want to upload a file (TXT, PDF, JPG, etc... whatever) during the actual SecurityAssist new user registration form? Is that correct?

tom92909Beta Tester

ryanrust414532

upload field

Correct I want the user to attach certificates of insurance during the registration process. When I go through the wizard should I leave those fields out intitially and then insert them afterwards? Or do I leave them in as text fields?

If I leave out and do afterwards, do I just use the preset dreamweaver "file field" and just put those in the form? I already have all the fields in mysql table and am working with php pages.

The screen shot is confusing me...

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in order to upload the files, you will need to have either CSS Form Builder or Universal Email for the File Manipulation -> Upload file server behavior, and Data Assist (if you are using Security Assist V1, V2 already sues the Data Assist insert behaivor on the registration page) to store the file name in the data base.

the registration page is basicly an insert record page.

see the "How to apply Digital File Pro to DataAssist Insert and Update pages" tutorial on the data assist support page:

dataassist/

ryanrust414532

User Registration page

I have applied the file upload instrauctions to the insert and update pages as indicated in the link you sent me. Can I follow the same steps on the user registration page?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

only if the registration uses the data assist insert record behavior to store the registration information and not the Dreamweaver insert record behavior.

ryanrust414532

Before or after?

Do I make them upload fields before I change the insert record as per the modify registration insert record?

ryanrust414532

Before or after?

In case the last post was confusing, I want to know which one I do first. Change to upload file fields or modify user registration insert server behavior?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

add the file fields, then the file upload behavior before converting the insert behavior to a data assist insert.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...