close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Problems with SEO

Thread began 5/31/2011 11:17 am by kim420431 | Last modified 7/31/2012 7:54 am by Jason Byrnes | 3381 views | 16 replies |

kim420431

Problems with SEO

I have placed my Google Analytics code on the appropriate page in Powerstore 4 and waited. I'm not getting any statistics in Google Analytics. It keeps telling me tracking unknown.

How can I fix this?

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please post a link to one of your page that has the Google code on it so I can examine the problem.

kim420431

SEO response

The analytics code is placed in the settings panel under administrative controls. How can I link to a protected page?

It's under settings->Google settings! This is the analytic code: I've copied and pasted it into the analytics block supplied by Webassist!!

<script type="text/javascript">

var _gaq = _gaq || [];
_gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-23483830-1']);
_gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);

(function() {
var ga = document.createElement('script'); ga.type = 'text/javascript'; ga.async = true;
ga.src = ('https:' == document.location.protocol ? 'https://ssl' : 'http://www') + '.google-analytics.com/ga.js';
var s = document.getElementsByTagName('script')[0]; s.parentNode.insertBefore(ga, s);
})();

</script>

So could someone please explain why I'm not showing any activity on Google's analytics site. Works for my other web properties. Used to work for my my webassist shop when I was beginning to set it up. Now I get nothing and I know that I should at least be showing my own visits to the site!

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I'm not asking for a link to the protected page where you add the google code, I am asking for a link to your store where I can see the issue.

the goggle code you add in the settings gets added to each of your pages so that google can collect data about page hits.

It could be that there is a javascript conflict on the pages, but I cant really say for certain without taking a look.

kim420431

shop.dreamlight-studio.com

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

hmmm, i dont see any of the google code in your page.

here is an updated copy of the webassist/themes/theme_close.php page that should correct the issue:

Attached Files
theme_close.php.zip

kim420431

Anything else I need to do other than copy the file up to the webassist/themes folder?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

no, that should be all that needs to be done.

kim420431

Google Analytics is still showing "tracking unknown" for that website. On the dashboard screen there a yellow caution symbol and when I rollover it with a mouse it says tracking unknown.

Doesn't appear to be doing what's it's supposed to.

kim420431

Hello!!?? I've done what you requested but I'm still appear to have a problem with Google Analytics. It's telling me "tracking unknown".

What else can I do to fix this?

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...