close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

PayPal Express Checkout - Help

Thread began 5/12/2011 3:46 pm by hbibizadeh396670 | Last modified 5/13/2011 12:08 pm by Jason Byrnes | 3632 views | 11 replies |

hbibizadeh396670

PayPal Express Checkout - Help

I need to make my checkout Pages work with PayPal Express Checkout.

I made the Checkout Pages using eCarts Website Payments pro, so I have made my PayPal Username, Password, Signature Dynamic already.

What I don’t understand is how to make the carts checkout button go to PayPal and then return to my website.

Thanks in advance.

Sign in to reply to this post

hbibizadeh396670

On my Checkout Page - I need the Authentication for PayPal Express Checkout to work.

However What I don't understand is why when I click my checkout button I am always re directed to the checkout failure page.

Not sure why?
On my Checkout Page page - I need the Authentication for PayPal Express Checkout to work.

However What I don't understand is why when I click my checkout button I am always re directed to the checkout failure page.

Not sure why?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

see the "Debugging eCart transaction failed issues" tutorial on the eCart support page:
ecart/

hbibizadeh396670

Thanks.

It’s working now.

I have a small problem which is when a user goes to the checkout page they fill in the checkout form (Cart, Billing, Shipping) and then click the checkout with PayPal button, however when the go to PayPal their information is not carried over and they are asked to fill it in again.

How can I make the information get carried over to PayPal?

Thanks

hbibizadeh396670

Ok

Instead of using the checkout button on the checkout page I put it on the cart page. (Should the PayPal Button be on the Cart or Checkout Page?)

However, What I don’t understand is why PayPal dose not ask for a shipping address which is very important. Could you also tell me how to make PayPal ask for a shipping address. (Although it asks for a billing address, shipping is usually separate)

Also, for some reason, my PayPal email is always in the PayPal login email box on the side, which is very dangerous, how do I stop this?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

If you use the checkout wizard to create the checkout page, the pay using paypal button is added to the checkout page.

you set the shipping address once you log into paypal. the shipping address is set while you are logged into your paypal account.

the email address is pre populated because of a cookie on your computer, it will not be pre populated with your email address for other users.

hbibizadeh396670

Ok,

But I am using PayPal Express Checkout, so the User Must always use the PayPal Button.

Although I want to use the Checkout Page, the problem is that the Checkout Page has fields for billing, shipping, and card information. This would be good however if the user fills in the fields and clicks the PayPal button, the information they entered is lost.

See here: Results.php

What I want to do is carry the form fields values such as First Name, Last Name, over into the PayPal Forms.

What I also don’t get is whilst PayPal gives you the option to login, it also gives you the option to enter their credit card information instead.(If they don’t have a PayPal account.)

In this case the shipping information is not asked for.

Could you please tell me how to carry the information over to PayPal from the checkout page?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The checkout form on the checkout page is used for Direct Payments (The Paypal Local Checkout method)

It cannot be used to pass info to PayPal Express payments, express payments does not support passing the user information over. This is a limitation to express checkout.

hbibizadeh396670

Ok that’s fine, I will have to add the PayPal button to the Cart Page, which works fine. (To avoid Users having to put information in twice)

I just have one final question which I don’t quite understand.

If a user does not login to PayPal, and just enters their billing information and retunes to my site to process the payment,

How will I receive their shipping address?

Thanks

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the same way you recieve the shipping address for paypal users. The restriction to credit card form is that the shipping address is set to the billing address, they cannot ship to a different address.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...