close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

HTML Editor in PowerCMS

Thread began 5/05/2011 12:48 pm by DaveTurton | Last modified 5/12/2011 12:25 pm by neilo | 2860 views | 9 replies |

DaveTurton

HTML Editor in PowerCMS

Why is it when you copy and paste into the source it looks fine. Click off of Source and see what you have. Click back on the source and it's just jumbled all up into line after line, no more breaks. Also, when my client tries to edit the page, they hit the return key but it doesn't apply the spacing, it just ignore it. This mess that it creates is making it very very difficult for me to sell this product with websites. I end up having to train people what code to look for and manually insert breaks. Please advise if there has been some sort of update.

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have not bee able to reproduce either of these issues in Power CMS 2.1.2.

What browser are you using and what is your OS?

DaveTurton

Okay, I have a visual of the process in the attachments.

Step 1: I open up my source in Dreamweaver
Step 2: I copy and paste all info within the div
Step 3: I paste it into the Source into the HTML editor in PowerCMS
Step 4: I uncheck the Source button and it shows up like this
Step 5: When I click back on Source in clumps together like you see in the pic.

This is confusing the crud out of my clients and is making this function a difficult sell. If they ever have to view the Source to see what is going on it is impossible for them to understand it. I even have trouble sifting through it.

When they work on it through Internet Explorer or Firefox on PC or Mac they get different results. For instance, the return key function doesn't work if they are trying to add space between sections on the page. It looks like it's working but when they hit "Update" it essentially ignored the spacing request. I have to teach them to go into the Source and manually add line breaks. As noted above this becomes difficult because they have to view the Source to do it. I'm hoping that the upgrade will get a new editor and will be an easy update to the sites that I have put this function on.

neilo

Try this: - in your HTMLEditor/

contents_insert_ContentValue1.js

contents_insert_ContentValue1.php
contents_update_ContentValue1.js
contents_update_ContentValue1.php

files, Change:

FCKConfig.FormatOutput = false;
FCKConfig.FormatSource = false;
to:
FCKConfig.FormatOutput = true;
FCKConfig.FormatSource = true;

EDIT: I see they have changed this in the latest version - so this option is not available.

neilo

Hi Jason,

Is there a new version of PowerCMS (Power CMS 2.1.2)? My download centre(s) say latest version is 2.1.1.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

No, 2.1.1 is the most current version. the mention of 2.1.2 in my reply was a typo.

The version they are using in the screen shot is an older version using HTML Editor 2, so your suggestion of :
change
FCKConfig.FormatOutput = false;
FCKConfig.FormatSource = false;

to:
FCKConfig.FormatOutput = true;
FCKConfig.FormatSource = true;

is valid. in the version they have, that should fix the problem, that code is not valid for the newer 2.1.1 version that uses HTML Editor 3.

DaveTurton

I just downloaded the version 2.1.1 Looking at the upgrade instructions it looks like it's saying to basically replace the files in the 2.1.1 folder to the 2.1.0 folder in my local server. In the second step it reads "Step 2: Update the new WA_Globals.php file. The new WA_Globals.php file will need to be updated with the correct information." This file exists in the 2.1.1 folder with all the rest of the files so I'm not sure I understand why it's referring to this file in step two. What does it mean by Update?

I really wish there were videos on this stuff.

neilo

The WA_Globals.php file in 2.1.1 is identical to 2.1.0 (out of the box). You shouldn't need to update anything, unless you have renamed your connections file or any other file or path referenced by the globals file.

Leave as is, and report any problem should one arise.

The instructions you were looking at were (I think) under the PowerCMS 2.1.0 heading - for people upgrading to 2.1.0 from an even older version.

DaveTurton

Is there a way to view the current version that is in place? I tried via the admin section PCMS but it doesn't list it in the setting or anything. Is it stashed in one of the files somewhere?

So according to your answer if I'm going from 2.1.0 to 2.1.1 I just replace all files in the 2.1.1 folder on the live server correct?

neilo

Hi Dave,

Version:

PowerCMS 2.1.0 will have a folder 'HTMLEditor' in the root directory. PowerCMS 2.1.1 won't (the ckeditor and kfm folders are in the 'webassist' directory instead).

There are probably better ways to tell, maybe a version number somewhere or remembering which one you uploaded.

Upgrading:

My method would be to:

1. Back up all my existing local/remote CMS files and folders. (Precautionary)
2. Back-up/export my PowerCMS Database. (Precautionary)
3. Upload the new PowerCMS files and folders to the CMS directory.
4. Run the installer for your new PowerCMS upload.
5. a) see below b) If necessary restore tables/data from backed-up database (but the paragraph below suggests this won't be necessary).
From the read_me.htm file:

If upgrading to a newer version of PowerCMS, the Installation Wizard will give you the opportunity to choose whether you wish to copy the content areas from the older PowerCMS to the new one. In order to accomplish this, you must specify the same database settings as were used by the older version.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...