close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

HTML Editor in PowerCMS

Thread began 5/05/2011 12:48 pm by DaveTurton | Last modified 5/12/2011 12:25 pm by DaveTurton | 2868 views | 9 replies

DaveTurton

Okay, I have a visual of the process in the attachments.

Step 1: I open up my source in Dreamweaver
Step 2: I copy and paste all info within the div
Step 3: I paste it into the Source into the HTML editor in PowerCMS
Step 4: I uncheck the Source button and it shows up like this
Step 5: When I click back on Source in clumps together like you see in the pic.

This is confusing the crud out of my clients and is making this function a difficult sell. If they ever have to view the Source to see what is going on it is impossible for them to understand it. I even have trouble sifting through it.

When they work on it through Internet Explorer or Firefox on PC or Mac they get different results. For instance, the return key function doesn't work if they are trying to add space between sections on the page. It looks like it's working but when they hit "Update" it essentially ignored the spacing request. I have to teach them to go into the Source and manually add line breaks. As noted above this becomes difficult because they have to view the Source to do it. I'm hoping that the upgrade will get a new editor and will be an easy update to the sites that I have put this function on.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...