close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Update Multiple Records from Multiple Query Results

Thread began 4/07/2011 3:21 pm by tom92909 | Last modified 4/11/2011 8:51 am by Jason Byrnes | 1724 views | 4 replies |

tom92909Beta Tester

Update Multiple Records from Multiple Query Results

Greetings folks! I have a delimia I've been working on today that I think I'd like to get some feedback on please. I have a client that wants me to produce a financial report for his business and export it to an Excel output from MySQL. That usually wouldn't be a problem. However, my problem is that to obtain all of this information I have to gather it from (5) different locations and then do some calculations.

My Dreamweaver table with (5) queries with repeating regions.

So I have (5) Queries and then I'd like to store these results in one table. Ultimately from that table I'll export the report to Excel (but that's not my issue).

This is my actual output from the Dreamweaver script above.

The issue is I'm having no luck taking my results output and either inserting or updating the table I have ready for the final content.
The image below should give you a better idea of what I'm trying to accomplish.

Thanks in advance!

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

this is going to be a tough one to accomplish, but the general gist is that the insert will need to be inside of repeat regions code.

you need to perform the insert for the first records of each of the recordsets, then move each of the recordsets to the next record, and perform the insert again.

Where you have 5 repeat regions, the exact code is going to be impossible for me to give you here, but I think we would be able to hand code this quite quickly in a premier ticket. See the support landing page for details on signing up for a premiere ticket where:
support/

tom92909Beta Tester

I submitted a Premier Ticket request about a hour ago. Thanks.

tom92909Beta Tester

Good morning! I hope that we can initiate a premiere ticket for this issue today if at all possible. I submitted the ticket late Friday afternoon CST. However, I didn't receive any notification that you received such submittion on your end, nor is there any insertion of such into my Support History.

Just wondering if I failed to submit the ticket. Please confirm receipt.

Thanks! :)

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have forwarded this to our sales department, they should be notifying you shortly of status of your appointment.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...