close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

ERROR: PowerStore was unable to activate

Thread began 3/09/2011 1:17 am by mikesd | Last modified 3/23/2011 10:43 am by Jason Byrnes | 2579 views | 9 replies |

mikesd

I've searched for this issue and found a few other messages with this problem but the answers were not explained.

I've installed PowerStore 4.01, accessed it from my browser with the wizzard, all checks were green after changing permissions. Entered serial number and received this message:

ERROR: PowerStore was unable to activate for some reason. Ensure that all PowerStore files are uploaded to your server correctly and try again. If this problem persists, visit WebAssist Support for assistance.

Is this a cURL issue? Thanks for any assistance.

BTW why are we having to set all store file permissions to read and write? Isn't that a security risk? Are there particular files to set instead of the whole directory?

Mike

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Most likely the server is blocking the cURL connection to the webassist server.

see this post for a curl test script that will test the connection top the webassist server:
showpost.php?p=87177&postcount=7

read write permission is needed on the webassist directory for the design editor to function.

it is also needed on the imagesupload directory that is used by the file manager in the content management section and for uploading product images. Without write permissions, product images would not be able to be uploaded.

mikesd

Thanks for your reply. I am not an IT guy so even though those were simple instructions I was not able to follow them. Our site is hosted on LunarPages VPS servers and technical support responded with:

"First of all, the .dll extensions are specific to Windows environments. You are running a Linux environment which uses .so files. I have checked and curl is already enabled on your VPS" :

root@vps [~]# php -m | grep curl
curl

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in addition to cURL being enabled, a connection to the webassist.com server is needed.

what is the result of running the script in the post on your server?
showpost.php?p=87177&postcount=7

mikesd

I created a php page in Dreamweaver, pasted the script into the page, uploaded to the server (in the PowerStore 401 folder), clicked on discover got the message: Dynamically-related files could not be resolved because the site definition is not correct for this server. Retry | Setup.

Not sure what to make of that. The site is already setup and functioning. Not sure how or where to run the script.

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

Upload the page to your server, then open it in your browser.

mikesd

Thanks. I opened the php page in the browser and it displays the message: Curl error: Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl

Is that the error you expected?

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

The error means that the host complied the cURL library in such a way that it cannot make connections to servers using the HTTPS protocol. not only will the activation fail in the instance, but the connection to the payment gateway will fail as well.

you will need to contact the host to have them correct this issue in the cURL library, the cURL library needs to be able to make connection using the secure HTTPS protocol.

mikesd

Host technical support responded with: PHP has been successfully recompiled with curlSSL support and the error message you were seeing is no longer occurring.

I checked it and the script returned: Took 9.070009 seconds to send a request to www.webassist.com/

I was able to get to the setup screen in the wizard.

Thanks for your help!

One more question after I configure the store I turn off all the write permissions correct?

Mike

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

you can turn off write permissions after inserting all of the products to the power store database and completing any design changes.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...