close ad
WARNING: Do Not Install the DREAMWEAVER CC 2017 or 2018 Update »
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Update not working

Thread began 2/28/2011 4:14 pm by paul307749 | Last modified 3/28/2011 5:28 pm by Jason Byrnes | 1902 views | 11 replies |

paul307749

Update not working

Hi,

I'm trying to get the Update record behaviour to update records in the database, and so far it won't make any changes at all.

I've tested the same techniques using the standard DW server behaviour, and this works perfectly.

I'm using the latest version of DataAssist in conjunction with the latest version of Framework Builder and while everything works as expected, the update makes no change to the database at all.

Has anyone else come across this issue or anyone got any idea as to why the update would fail?

I've rebuilt the page on several occasions to check everything is as it should be, and as far as I can see there are no configuration issues to cause this problem.

Help, I'm getting to the point of deleting DA and going back the ADDT!!

Paul C

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

please send a copy of the update page.

Sign in to reply to this post

paul307749

Hi Jason,

Could you let me have the preferred email address so I can send you the file please?

Regards

Paul

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

compress the page to a zip archive and you can attach it directly to this forum.

Sign in to reply to this post

paul307749

Hi Jason,

This should be the latest version of the file.

Regards

Paul

Attached Files
edit.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in he update record server behavior, you have bound all of the Table columns to the record set values.


you need to bind the table column in the update record server behavior to the corresponding form elements instead.

for each table column, click the lightning bolt. On the bindings panel, expand the form collection and select the corresponding form element.

Sign in to reply to this post

paul307749

Hi Jason,

Sorry, I must have uploaded an old version where I was trying to get things working.

I've attached the correct file and checked that it using the relevant form elements as outlined in your previous post.

I've tested with the attached file and the update still isn't being carried out.

Any help would be appreciated.

Paul C

Attached Files
edit.zip
Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

in the column bindings, you have set the cat ID value to update using the value from the form, you should not bind the catID primary key column to anything, the database will not allow the primary column value to be changed.


if it is still not working, clear the redirect value in the update record behavior, then add the following code just after the ,body> tag:

php:
SQL: <php echo($WA_Sql); ?><br />




this will write the update SQL Statement to the page for troubleshooting.

Sign in to reply to this post

paul307749

Hi Jason,

I've tried what you suggested and I'm still not getting any success.

The SQL statement returns nothing, just blank even when I get the update to work outside the Framework.

If I don't use the Framework I can get the update to actually work, but once I put it back inside the framework it stops updating the database.

What exactly is intended to be put into the form action to work with the Framework? Should it now be the actual URL plus framework mod (i.e page=list-category) or should it be something different.

Do I need to fill anything in the 'After Update go to' section of the SB?

This is all straightforward when it's used on it's own, but add the Framework in and it's become an absolute nightmare. Surely getting 2 of your products to work as intended shouldn't be this difficult!

My apologies if I'm sounding annoyed, but this issue is seriously slowing down 2 important projects I'm working on.

Regards

Paul

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the forms action should be set the url used to load the update page.


so if the update page is access as:
index.php?page=list-category


then the forms action should be set to:
action="index.php?page=list-category"


the redirect can be left blank, or it can be set to load another page, that is up to you.

Sign in to reply to this post
loading

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...