close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

new cms and dreamweaver

Thread began 2/22/2011 11:48 am by bill1229374231 | Last modified 2/22/2011 2:58 pm by Ray Borduin | 2272 views | 7 replies |

bill1229374231

new cms and dreamweaver

I read this "Great for developers who don’t want to use the PowerCMS admin every time they need to add something for their clients." Is this what I think it is? I have just purchase last week the sculpture tool which allows me to quickly generate a site and all the pages from a template and also add CMS...but my concern was that anytime I wanted to add content to a page I had to use the CMS interface via a browser like my client would do. I would have a bit more control as an administrator but still it would not give me control of page content from dreamweaver...which is my current way of doing everything. I have been installing a tool called snippetmaster which surrounds a div tag with there class tag. The client then logins into snippetmaster website and they access the site and the pages that are tagged. The client can then using a mini editor to update content and links, upload files etc.. Actually works pretty good but not as slick as your CMS. My reluctance with the current CMS from webassist is that all I see in dreamweaver is a call to the database where the content is normally shown.
Sorry for the rambling on but do I understand right that this new version will show me the content of the page in dreamweaver and if I make changes that way the CMS will reflect the new content and still allow the client to also make changes? In other words my using dreamweaver in conjunction with the client using the web interface CMS will not break things? If this is a true statement then this is exciting...please let me know ASAP. I have a site www.phba.org that is currently using snippetmaster and it is doing fine but would love to use it as a test site for your tool if it can.

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

Yes, your reading of the features are correct. That is exactly what it does.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

bill1229374231

new cms

Thanks for the reply...that is exciting. I wonder if the money I spent on sculpture can be credited towards this since it looks like sculpture is a sub set of this product. The price difference is much more but if it does what I think it does it will be worth it for my clients. I assume it is still database driven on the backend for the clients to push up content etc.. Looks like you are letting dreamweaver look at the page AFTER the database populates the page and then the "put" function of dreamweaver also is re-freshing the database content. Or something like that.

Thanks for the reply

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You can get refunds for any purchases made in the last 15 days for any reason. Purchases made over 15 days ago would be examined on a case by case basis and you should call our sales dept and discuss with them directly.

bill1229374231

new cms

OK...that makes sense. One more quick question then. Does this new version also include all that sculpture does with regards to templates and building the site tree, pages etc. with the choice of CMS or no CMS?

Thanks

Ray BorduinWebAssist

No... the CMS builder will just show you the data in design time and allow you to create and add content manually. It doesn't create pages, menus, templates, or anything else.

bill1229374231

new cms tool

OK..so now I am confused. Explain then how this will all work. Let me see if I understand. I use Site Sculptor to create a new site using one of the templates etc.. Now how do I use the new CMS Builder with those pages? One more thing. I have a site already built such as my phba.org site. Can I apply this CMS Builder to that site too without a lot of code building etc..?

Thanks

PS: I just viewed the video on using the tool and I can see that it answers my question. They are too different products. It seems like with using sculptor you could build the site using the templates etc. And then apply the CMS builder or would that be duplicating effort. I know with Sculptor is places code that talks to he database but if you said no do not build the site with cms and then went back to the site using cms builder you could accomplish what I am thinking...sound correct?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

CMS Builder would work with sites created with Site Sculptor, or with a site built from scratch. You could use it in conjunction with Site Sculptor to enhance your abilty to add and edit cms content after the wizard has run. It should recognize that site sculptor was used to create the site and would not duplicate code already added.

And yes, your description of a potential scenario is correct.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...