close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Menu Error Message

Thread began 2/20/2011 10:06 pm by stprix49407889 | Last modified 2/28/2011 11:15 am by Jason Byrnes | 1992 views | 9 replies |

stprix49407889

Menu Error Message

Hi,

In my Admin folder containing DA products and order pages I am getting the following error when I try to view the pages.

Warning: require_once(CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\Esurvivalmall\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_content\menu.php on line 47

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\Esurvivalmall\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_content\menu.php on line 47

How to correct?

Thanks.

Serge

Sign in to reply to this post

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

the require once paths to the menu writer folder, i can say exactly what the path should be, that dfepends on the how the folder are configured.

If you have a page at:
admin/pagename.php

and the CSSMenuWriter folder is at the same level as the admin folder, then the require path in the admin/pagename.php file should be:

php:
require_once("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php");

stprix49407889

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your reply.

I had placed the backend pages in an Admin folder and the public pages are in the main folder of the website.

So for my public pages the menu.php coding needs to be
<?php require_once("CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php"); ?>

while the backend pages in the Admin folder in order to show no error should be
<?php require_once("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php"); ?>

How should I solve this issue? If I change the menu.php for one then I'll get an error on the other. I thought my DA backend pages/tables needed to be in a separate folder but then I have this issue with the menu writer.

Thanks

Serge

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

changing the path in the public files should not effect the path in the admin files.can you send a copy of yone of the public files and one of the admin files so i can get an idea of the real problem.

stprix49407889

I have copied the coding for Foodproduct_detail is public layout and right after you will find the Admin coding of product_detail.

Thanks for your help.

Attached Files
Jason1.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

using this code to attach the menu to the admin page:
<div id="topNavigation"><?php require_once("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php"); ?></div>

will have no effect on this code to attach the menu to the publick page:

stprix49407889

I am not getting something here. When I go to CSSMenuWriter folder and edit the menu.php file at

to

<?php require_once("../CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php"); ?>

then my public file/pages get an error message of

Warning: require_once(CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\xampp\htdocs\Esurvivalmall\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_content\menu.php on line 47

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'CSSMenuWriter/cssmw_content/menu.php' (include_path='.;C:\xampp\php\PEAR') in C:\xampp\htdocs\Esurvivalmall\CSSMenuWriter\cssmw_content\menu.php on line 47

I know there must be something else. There is only one menu.php file for both and editing it affects the other.

Thanks for your continue help.

Serge

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

You shouldn't be including the menu.php file for a menu inside of another menu.php file.

The problem is being caused by including another menu inside of the menu.

stprix49407889

I really didn't understand your last message. Also I didn't put a menu into another menu, not that I know of.

What I have notice also is that I get those errors in the Admin pages on my localhost but if I upload them unto the server I don't get those error messages at all:
users_Detail.php

So I not sure where there is a difference.

I attached a page where there is require once two times, could that be the issue?

Thanks for your help.

Serge

Attached Files
WA02_27_2010.txt

Jason ByrnesWebAssist

I have created a support ticket so we can look into this issue further.

To view and edit your support ticket, please log into your support history:
supporthistory.php

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...