close ad

Important WebAssist Announcement
open ad
View Menu

Technical Support Forums

Free, outstanding support from WebAssist and your colleagues

rating

Power CMS, Css and developer code

Thread began 12/28/2010 2:43 pm by Jenny I | Last modified 1/10/2011 12:56 pm by Ray Borduin | 2068 views | 6 replies |

Jenny I

Power CMS, Css and developer code

This is my first time using power cms and I am confused on a few things.

I have already created my site and I just installed power cms. My site has custom styled headings, paragraphs and paragraph layouts. In order to maintain the heading, paragraghs,
styles as well as heading colours do I need to create content regions in powercms for each HTML element mentioned and paste the developers code in each tag e.g

<h1>developer code1 here<h1>
<h2>developer code2 here<h2>
<p>developer code3 here<p>  

or is there a way for me to use the HTML editor or any other method to recreate the content area page layout.

Your help is very much appreciated

Sign in to reply to this post

Ray BorduinWebAssist

You could use individual entries, or a single entry with the code from the page entered into the cms editor.

The styling may not show in the editor, but you can use h1, h2, etc. tags and their styling will show live even if not while editing in the CMS. You can also set the styles to show in the editor itself if your styles are consistant you can specify the bodyCSS in the html editor custom .js file to specify the css to use when displaying in the editor body.

Did this help? Tips are appreciated...

Jenny I

Thanks Ray

I just have 2 more quick questions

1. I used framework builder and includes to create plugins for some areas of my website pages. If I wanted to edit the text on these plugins could I use power cms on these plugin pages?

2. When I go to create a new page (logged in as super admin) it only gives me 2 editable regions. I looked at webassist demo site and you seem have been able to create more than 2 regions. So my question is how do I add more than 2 editable regions when creating new content in powercms?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

1) Yes, that shouldn't cause a problem.

2) You would have to update the template that page is based on to create the correct number of regions. Creating new pages in powerCMS always depends on creating them from a page template which defines the number of editable regions. The child pages will reflect the editable regions defined in the template.

Jenny I

ok I think I see my confusion. I did not realise that powercms picks up on my main template. I have not actually defined/applied a template in powercms so it seems to have automatically picked up on my main dreamweaver templates editable regions which are my mainContent and sidebar.

I will look into this and let you know if I have any other problems

Many thanks

Jennifer

aaronjkizer366105

Originally Said By: Ray Borduin
  You could use individual entries, or a single entry with the code from the page entered into the cms editor.

The styling may not show in the editor, but you can use h1, h2, etc. tags and their styling will show live even if not while editing in the CMS. You can also set the styles to show in the editor itself if your styles are consistant you can specify the bodyCSS in the html editor custom .js file to specify the css to use when displaying in the editor body.  

Which js file is this setting in?

Ray BorduinWebAssist

It should be in the .js file associated with the editor in the /custom/ subfolder. You should see it referred to in the code that generates the editor.

Build websites with a little help from your friends

Your friends over here at WebAssist! These Dreamweaver extensions will assist you in building unlimited, custom websites.

Build websites from already-built web applications

These out-of-the-box solutions provide you proven, tested applications that can be up and running now.  Build a store, a gallery, or a web-based email solution.

Want your website pre-built and hosted?

Close Windowclose

Rate your experience or provide feedback on this page

Account or customer service questions?
Please user our contact form.

Need technical support?
Please visit support to ask a question

Content

rating

Layout

rating

Ease of use

rating

security code refresh image

We do not respond to comments submitted from this page directly, but we do read and analyze any feedback and will use it to help make your experience better in the future.

Close Windowclose

We were unable to retrieve the attached file

Close Windowclose

Attach and remove files

add attachmentAdd attachment
Close Windowclose

Enter the URL you would like to link to in your post

Close Windowclose

This is how you use right click RTF editing

Enable right click RTF editing option allows you to add html markup into your tutorial such as images, bulleted lists, files and more...

-- click to close --

Uploading file...